Bug with buying buildings with health bonuses and Exodus gate issue.

cahor

Chieftain
Hi.

Yesterday i noticed while playing that if you buy a building with energy which has a bonus to health (clinics etc.) you dont get the health bonus but you will get every other bonus the building has.

I was managed to fix this buy selling the building and building it normally with production but it wasnt very nice to wait for somewhat 45 turns with unhappiness on.

Another issue was with Exodus gate not producing earthlings settlers at a promised rate one/turn in the help menu ;). Instead i got total of 2 earthling settlers in a total of about 26 turns and in which time my friend rushed past me to a also slightly bugged transcendence victory.

Thank you

Thanks a lot for your post. I got the same problem, too. Before I paid attention and checked the economy overview, I thought BE just raises the difficulty to a new level. Even playing mercury with only 5 cities after about 150 turns, I am still struggling getting a positive health LOL.

Are you buying these buildings in new cities?

Health is capped according to city size, to stop you from building a 1 pop city, and then buying multiple health buildings to drop it quickly.

Sounds like by the time you built it, the city had expanded to the size that could accommodate the building.

Remember that you have to manually activate the Exodus Gate every turn - that is, you have to select the Gate, then click the button in the bottom left corner of the screen, which will cause an earthling to appear. This is not made very clear by any of the info in the game.

Obbutemp yes tested this buying buildings with health again today and the problem only occurs if u buy the health buildings to a new city with only 1 population.

Buying them later with more citizens in the city seems to work correctly.

As for Exodus Gate i did try to press the button to spawn the settlers every turn but nothing happened except when i got the 2 random spawns :p

It isn't really a problem, once you understand that buildings that generate local health cannot generate more health than local population. This was the same with local happiness in CiV -- buy a circus (+2 happiness) and colosseum (+2 happiness) in a 1 pop city and only get 1 happiness. As the city's population grew, you got more happiness (until 4 pop in this example).

Actually after I had bought the health buildings to a city with population of 1 I still got the -1 health per every new citizen which was born. After the city had about 6 citizens i sold the health buildings and my negative health at that point was unaffected. Producing the buildings after that made the health bonuses work.

Thanks for reporting this, I was just coming unto the forums to post myself about.

UPDATE: I think the cities themselves are bugged. I just went through and sold a lot of health buildings then waited for them to build back up but sadly only about half of them worked correctly. There didnt seem to be a particular building causing the problem.

the health buildings do not provide more health than population in the city.

Wow, I totally forgot that health is capped like happiness with population.

That explains why I built a wonder that gave me 7 health and nothing happened.

Sincerely, first time poster, long time lurker.

Top Bottom