1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

bug with powerplants?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by mattpilot, Jan 22, 2008.

1. mattpilot

mattpilot Warlord

Maybe i'm just missing something ...

I checked my city to see if i had enough health available to build a coal powerplant (it was 27 health, 25 unhealthy). A powerplant adds +2 unhealthy to your city. So i built it. Turn after it gets completed i got 27 health faces, and 29 unhealthy. When i mouse over the health icons, it says +4 unhealthiness for power.

Population didn't increase and neither did anything else change. Powerplant was built in 1 turn.

So i went to my other cities which already had coal powerplants and they all say +4 unhealthiness for power.

Soo... is this a bug or am i missing some important aspect that says i get an additional +2 unhealthiness based on some obscure fact?

RUnning BTS with latest patch and the only mod is DCM.

2. Sian

Sian Emperor

afair coal plant gives +2 :yuck: by itself ... if it's suppied with coal, its 50% :hammers: and +2 :yuck: more

3. mattpilot

mattpilot Warlord

hmm.. i thought of that. But the civopedia doesn't say the plant itself gives -2. Only if it has access to coal - which is required to build the thing in the first place (or no power).

:/

4. say1988

say1988 Deity

IIRC, which I believe I do, in BTS power causes 2 :yuck:. So when you built your coal plant, you got 2 from the coal plant supplying power and 2 from the power itself (which comes with ANY power plant (even the 3 Gorges Dam).

5. Dubai Vol

Dubai Vol King

Worse still, building the Three Gorges Dam gives you a +2 :yuck: in every city you have. Apparently it's +2 :yuck: for the plant and +2 more for the power. :yuck: !

6. mattpilot

mattpilot Warlord

So is this a bug or a feature?

7. say1988

say1988 Deity

Feature (though the 3 Gorges Dam affecting cities without factories, hopefully is, if that is true, have not really looked at it myself).

8. Dubai Vol

Dubai Vol King

Voila. No factory, +2 :yuck: for power. I just finished 3 Gorges Dam...

9. Fistleaf

Fistleaf Chieftain

Isn't this fixed in Bhuric's patch?

10. Dubai Vol

Dubai Vol King

I'm running Bhruic's patch....

11. thelibra

thelibra Future World Dictator

That's got to be an oversight. Why would hydro power halfway across the continent cause +2 sick in the city? It doesn't make sense, unless it's the whole "living near power lines causes gnomes" or something.