Bugged Mindflower post patch

Juanholio

Warlord
I've been playing a game where - after much messing around and forgetting to spawn settlers (why don't they auto spawn? - remembering to click a button 20 times isn't much fun, settling them is fine) but I digress - I was narrowly beaten by huttama who got a transcendence victory.

The weird thing about this was I'm not at all sure how he got there and how it can be stopped. So I'm assuming this is a bug. Firstly in the mid-late game I took a bunch of his cities, and at Rangi there was a mind stem. I destroyed mind stem and took the city. Thinking he was out for the count with only a few cities remaining I meandered along and warred with barre who also looked like completing his project.

I was quite surprised to lose to huttama many turns later, not only was he the lowest score (not that that means a tremendous amount) but somehow he managed to build his mind flower on the location of the ruined mind stem in my territory, which you can click on but the icon seems corrupted (tho I think it should only show an icon for the player, right?). I went back and loaded an autosave and went to war with him and I can't attack the mind flower (I'm assuming it should be destroyable, even in a peculiar location) - my units move though it as if it's not there.

Attachments

• 2014-12-19_00001.jpg
    2014-12-19_00001.jpg
    315.3 KB · Views: 269
  • 2014-12-19_00005.jpg
    2014-12-19_00005.jpg
    286.6 KB · Views: 235
  • Daoming Sochua mind flower.CivBESave
    961.1 KB · Views: 143
I just had teh same think happen with Hutama
The promised land victory wonder is on my land and I cannot destroy it. He can spawn earth settlings from it. I can in it and through it with my melee units. I fortify inside the wonder and then no settler spawn so he will not win
I must have taken the city that oringally built it as well. He has no cities close the wonder anymore

Had a similar experience. I took their capital which included the tile the mind flower was on but it seemed to still operate for them although it said -1 turns left when I clicked on it. Also my air units couldn't damage the mind flower. The combat prediction said it would do damage but they didn't. The AI seemed to think it would work too because another colony was attacking it with air units too.

This time I am having an issue with the emancipation gate..
KP's building is on my land but I cannot destroy it. And when my military steps on in I get the message that I can send my unit through the gate (which I cannot it looks like)

In my current game I have Daoming, who had discovered the signal from ruins. Once she had completed the beacon, I attacked and destroyed it. She built another one, and I paid Fielding to go to war with her. Fielding captured Tiangong where the beacon was built. The beacon remained untouched on now ARC territory. Two turns later Daoming activated it. I attacked again (had open borders with ARC) and destroyed it. Later in the game Daoming lost Quyen to ARC... and again the beacon ended up on ARC territory and got activated by Daoming. I attacked and destroyed it, just to have it respawn (sic!) On her territory intact.

Oh, and in the same Apollo game I have 3 AI's who have achieved respective conditions to start on their affinity victories, but none of them even have started building planetary wonders even after 150 turns after the conditions were met (marathon game). None of them are any close to domination victory, so that's really puzzling.

Top Bottom