Buggy Barbarian Feb Update

Zaimejs

Emperor
I tried playing the new Barb update... and it starts, but on the first turn everything is wonky. Screens don't come up, you can't go to the next turn. It is BROKEN. Just wondering if this is a Mac OS thing or for everyone?

I haven’t seen that, although of course I disabled all mods before starting. It’s been as playable as it was before the update, which means frequent crashes and graphics issues on the iMac 2020 core i9 with Radeon pro 5700 XT.

I haven’t seen that, although of course I disabled all mods before starting. It’s been as playable as it was before the update, which means rock-solid stability and a good frame rate with no crashes even on huge maps at end game. I'm playing on a 2020 M1 MacBook Pro with 8GB RAM with a 4K external monitor at 2560x1440 and medium/medium settings.

Ahhh... I did just recently add some mods. I will disable those.

I just tried it again. Mods off. Barbarians on. Same issues. I tried a standard game with barbarian mode off, and it works fine. So it is definitely the new game mode. I cannot believe I am the only one?

You're not the only one. My pre-update save is unplayable so I started again and, nearly 100 turns in, my new game is unplayable too. What start of as frequent freezes that last for a few seconds to a minute get worse and worse until the game keeps just completely freezing up and needs to be force closed. Very frustrating. I've submitted a bug report so just need to wait for a response - if you haven't I'd encourage you do the same: https://support.aspyr.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Top Bottom