Bugs I've found so far

makeshiftwings

Chieftain
Bugs:

- The "just finished building" section at the top of the city production window shows what you built two times ago rather than what you just finished building.

- Tooltip stops working correctly on the little info icons on the lower right that pop up after you dismiss one of them.

- If using a custom religion, all notifications and diplomatic gossip refer to it as "Custom Religion" instead of the actual name you assigned it.

- When in an Alliance, you get info popups that your Friendship with that civ has expired, even though an Alliance supersedes a friendship and you can't have both at the same time.

- The "Auto-Explore" function on scouts and other units seems really poor; several times I've found them just standing around in one place for several turns even though there was plenty of reachable unexplored areas.

- The wonder Mont Saint Michel stopped working correctly after I reached the Industrial Era; it still pops up the thing saying that new Apostles have a level-up available, but the button to level them up is now missing; they only get Martyr and don't have the option to choose a second level-up

- If holding down an arrow key to scroll the map and a window pops up, it just keeps scrolling forever even when you release the arrow key. (This bug was in Civ 5 too!)

- Just started happening today: When launching the game or loading a saved game, it will cause Windows Defender to thrash the hard drive and never finish loading, as if the game is trying to write to hundreds of files at once. I could only get it to start and then load a game by temporarily disabling real-time mode on Windows Defender.

Will post more later as I find them.

The "just finished building" section at the top of the city production window shows what you built two times ago rather than what you just finished building.
I know, what the heck is that all about? Makes no sense at all.

I know, what the heck is that all about? Makes no sense at all.

From a programmers standpoint I suspect it is either:
1. They use some kind of indexed list to store a (short) build history and the programmer made the "Just finished"-Control access Element(1) of the list, whereas the indexing starts with 0 (and he therefore should have accessed Element(0) of the list, to get the last built element)
or
2. Some vartation of: When something is built in a city in turn x, the "Last built"-Variable is only filled at the end of turn x. Therefore, the "Last built"-Control accesses only the old content of said variable

That's an explanation, but not an excuse. Such things should have been found and fixed before the game was released.

That's an explanation, but not an excuse. Such things should have been found and fixed before the game was released.

True ... It is definitely an error that one notices very quickly when playing the game.
(and, if my suspicion is right, it also doesn't seem like a bug that is hard to fix)
Their Betatesters seem to have accessed the production screen with closed eyes :D

True ... It is definitely an error that one notices very quickly when playing the game.
(and, if my suspicion is right, it also doesn't seem like a bug that is hard to fix)
Their Betatesters seem to have accessed the production screen with closed eyes :D

First, I can confirm that te bug is really there. And it suggests that not only the beta testers but also the programmers weren't using their eyes. Or brains. Or something.

Top Bottom