build an improvement in steps

Cammagno

King
It seems that you can't build a terrain improvement in different steps, is this correct?
In previous Civ, yuu could have a worker starting to build an improvement, then stop to do something else, then restart the improvement from where it left it. Here, if I restart an improvement on which I had worhed for some turns, the tooltips says that the needed number of turns to complete it is the same of a new improvement.
If this is true, I don't know how I'm supposed to impruve terrain with green fog over them: the required number of turns for completion is bigger then the number of turn in which the unit is killed by the fog!
Anyone can tell me more about this problem? Thanks!

Perhaps an interface bug? Did a quick run with Brasilia today, stopped mining a miasma tile for a couple turns to avoid worker death, after healing the worker finished the mine in only 1 turn.

It might be that you're actually building the improvement inside Miasma? Maybe the Miasma itself actually damages your improvement itself?

There is a pretty early research you can get Ecology / Alien Biology that'll give you the ability to remove Miasma, and also makes workers immune to it.

I've never noticed improvements fading like that, and whenever I've tried I've always been able to continue from the same turn.

It might be that you're actually building the improvement inside Miasma? Maybe the Miasma itself actually damages your improvement itself?

Yes, I was trying to build the improvement inside miasma

There is a pretty early research you can get Ecology / Alien Biology that'll give you the ability to remove Miasma, and also makes workers immune to it.

Good to know that it also makes workers immune, because I'm playing at maratona pace, and it takes 9 turns to remove, but in 9 turns my worker will be destroyed by miasma damage!

I've never noticed improvements fading like that, and whenever I've tried I've always been able to continue from the same turn.

Thanks a lot, I'll take that tech and use the worker in the miasma tile only after :)

Top Bottom