Build Great Scientists to speed up Science Victory

Kebnoa

Chieftain
I built 3 Spaceports in my highest production cities to produce the 3 components of "Establish a Martian Colony" in parallel. Even with this I was still looking at a 30 turn wait to achieve a Science Victory.

By this time I had built all the city improvements, districts, buildings etc. and by blind luck decided to build the Campus City Project. The description is a little bland, but in my case ended up generating 30+ Great Scientists points per turn and got ended up getting 2 great scientists that gave me 100% towards a component.

Interestingly enough it spread the effect over the 3 spaceports, but between the two Great Scientist it more than halved the number of turns to achieve the science victory.

Build City Projects the next time I need to rush Great People.

I did a variation of this with a space victory, except I was rushing industrial and campus projects. Partly because I needed to get to some of the tech still (I started projects with the moon landing). But between the gold and GPP, I was buying great people every 2-3 turns. Engineers can also help push the projects along., though its a bit RNG.

Top Bottom