Builder Victory Condition

I've been thinking, we need a builder victory condition. I got this idea that I think would work well, (espesially for the Dural). If you own all 5 of the top 5 cities in the world for xturns (number dependent on the speed) you win. I was thinking about 100 turns on regular speed. What do you think?

Seems a rather long time to have to wait AFTER getting to having the top 5. Would it have to be the same top 5 for the whole time, or if you happen to have the top 7, and they wipe out 2 of your best, but you still have all 5 of the top 5...

Hmm...does seem a little long. Also, while on the subject of victory conditions, could it be possible to make a commerce victory? Hoarding a crazy amount of gold wins the game? I wouldn't know how much though.

Hmm...does seem a little long. Also, while on the subject of victory conditions, could it be possible to make a commerce victory? Hoarding a crazy amount of gold wins the game? I wouldn't know how much though.

How about one...billion...dollars *puts pinkey to mouth*
Sorry, had to do it xD

Okay... maybe the time is a bit much... do you think it would be fine without the holding time, or do you think that would be too easy.

Seems like it should be bloody hard. Even on my best games (BtS, never bothered with that screen in FfH) I was never able to hold the top 2, but frequently had 4 of the top 5 by the time the game ended (sometimes by having stolen one or two of them in war, but I rarely went to war, so normally by just being a Wonder-Whore)

I've been thinking, we need a builder victory condition. I got this idea that I think would work well, (espesially for the Dural). If you own all 5 of the top 5 cities in the world for xturns (number dependent on the speed) you win. I was thinking about 100 turns on regular speed. What do you think?

The builder victory would be the final score (sans any other victory) no?

I personally see it as a warmonger victory :). Just level up a few stacks with mobility, declare war at the same time and capture enemy cities from the top 5 list in a few turns. Then if you're able to protect 'em, you win :).

Or make it slow, just capture them one by one. Still a warmonger strategy (and perfect for Austrin because the distance isn't an issue for them).

The thing is, once you capture a city it losses pop. buildings, ect. Thus, it may no longer be in the top five anymore. However, it is true that their is a millitaristic way to win this, but so does everything else.

Talking about that, how exacly would a builder victory work?
How does a cultural victory work?

Conquest: I conquer the world, no one is alive to threten me any more.
Domination: I conquer most of the world, I am to huge for anyone to take on so they don't.
Altar: I bring the one into existance. End of story.
TOM: I become the ultimate master of all magic. All bow before me or be destroyed.
Religius: We all worship the same gods. And they tell you to do what I tell them to tell you.
Gone to Hell: I bring demons and hell to this world. What is there not to understand?

Does anyone see a paten forming here?
And than:
Cultural: I have 3 realy cool cities with a lot of culture and education and welth.

It just feels as if something is not fitting in.

Domination: I conquer most of the world, I am to huge for anyone to take on so they don't.
TOM: I become the ultimate master of all magic. All bow before me or be destroyed.
Religius: We all worship the same gods. And they tell you to do what I tell them to tell you.
Gone to Hell: I bring demons and hell to this world. What is there not to understand?

And than:
Cultural: I have 3 realy cool cities with a lot of culture and education and welth.

Cultural victory has always seemed to me like "My empire has become so influential that no matter what any of the rest of you do, people will always talk about me first." It's the who-gets-remembered-by-historians victory.

I call it the "Rome" victory, because even 1500+ years after collapse they are still awesome

I would love a commerce victory..but how does being rich take over the world? There are only so many mercenaries in existence....:mischief:

And than:

This is how it seems to me:

Cultural:
My civilization's influence is so big, your people would rather join me then fight me.

But that is the point. No great empire ever won a cultural victory IRL.

China was constantly atacked by Mongols and other barbarians. Rome vas destroyed by barbarians. The Binsantines were destroyed by barbarians.

To me, cultural screems: Huge bounty and lots of slaves ahead. Please invade.

Top Bottom