Building Machu Picchu next to a Nat Wonder

Aoxomoxoa

Prince
So I am Arabia, and my 4th SP came in so I took meritocracy and got a GE that I thought I would rush Machu Picchu in my newly planted 4th city adjacent to Cerro di Potosi but alas... no option to build it there.

I thought you could build MP next to 'mountain' wonders, or is it just regular mountains?

So I am Arabia, and my 4th SP came in so I took meritocracy and got a GE that I thought I would rush Machu Picchu in my newly planted 4th city adjacent to Cerro di Potosi but alas... no option to build it there.

I thought you could build MP next to 'mountain' wonders, or is it just regular mountains?

If it's a lone mountain that happens to be the Cerro di Potosi, than it won't work since it's not considered as a regular tile. If there's another mountain close enough for Machu Pichu than you should be fine.

If memory serves me right the mountain has to be within 2 Hexes. However if you plan on having a mountain that close, you might want to consider hugging the mountain if possible since it gives you the possibility for an observatory.

Sigh... talk about a good plan gone awry... it's the only thing bigger than a hill for 30 tiles.

Now it's El Crapola.

i had machu end up on top of old faithful once... there was another adjacent mountain, but for some reason the game chose to build it on the geyser.

omg, a double wonder! whoa omg!

Attachments

• doublewonder.jpg
    doublewonder.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 916
I once built Macchu Picchu on top of the Great Mesa... surprised the heck out of me that it was possible. Though, oddly enough, even though the Great Mesa was right next to the city, I still couldn't build an Observatory there. :p

Now, this game was a while ago, so I can't say I recall it perfectly, but... I could SWEAR there were no 'ordinary' mounts within the radius of that city. >_> Maybe it's just hit-and-miss with what 'mountainous' NatWonders count as mountains? Or maybe the programmers just forgot to set the DLC NatWonders as mountainable. Celo de Pelosi isn't part of the basic set, after all...

Either way, I feel your pain. Usually, depending on the location of my capital, my first priorities in settling my second and third are 'Next to a mountain' or 'next to the sea', just to nab the better location-dependent Wonders and special buildings. Especially since building next to a mountain isn't nearly the handicap it was in earlier civs - most of the time, you don't wind up working more than half the radius of your cities, after all. Kinda' hard to adjust to for an old hand, really. :mischief:

i had machu end up on top of old faithful once... there was another adjacent mountain, but for some reason the game chose to build it on the geyser.

omg, a double wonder! whoa omg!

The Inca should've done that, awesome!

10 gpt before modifiers hardly qualifies as crap.

I know, and your right. The plan was to drop the city, and my meritocracy engineer was ready to build MP... otherwise I would have just gone ahead and got a GS and built that 4th city on the coast with CDP in it's 3rd ring. Now it's no coast, no MP.. that's the crapola part...

Top Bottom