1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Building Manager Questions

Discussion in 'C2C mod mods' started by Bobisback, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Bobisback

Bobisback Chieftain

Hello All,

I was wondering how hard would it be to make it so the building manager does not refresh the whole building list every time you click on one of the buildings or units?

I am guessing that this screen was built with the city screen code. Which would mean that it thinks the list is changed every time someone clicks a building/unit in the list. It would seem this should not be to hard of a change. Does anyone have any idea where I should look if I wanted to see if this is a possible change?

I love the idea of the building manager but man oh man, it takes like 25 mins just to setup a queue. Most of that time is spent waiting for the thing to finish loading.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Bob

Edit: To clarify I am NOT talking about the city screen. I am talking about the building queue manager which is accessed by the hammer in the top left of the screen right beside the bug button.

2. alberts2

alberts2 Chieftain

The list is refreshing because it is reevaluating what you can build after clicking on something.

3. Bobisback

Bobisback Chieftain

Ya but why does it need to do that??? That is my point. I think the code was copied and pasted from a place where refreshing the list made since. In this case it does not make since as the building manager never removes anything from the list even if you add it to the list. And to be clear I am NOT talking about the city screen. I am talking about the building queue manager which is accessed by the hammer in the top left of the screen right beside the bug button.

When you add something to the queue in the building manager it does NOT remove it from the list. In fact the list does not change at all (Unless I am missing something the only way to change the list is to change the filter options at the top, in which case refreshing makes since). So that is my question is there any way to make it not refresh the list.

At some point I wanna get the C2C project setup in my Visual Studio. Just not sure how to do it atm. Otherwise I would take a peak at the code now. Enough tho I do not need the project in visual studio to look at the code.

4. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

5. Bobisback

Bobisback Chieftain

This may not be the place to have this discussion but.....

Is there a guide out there to setting up c2c SVN in visual Studio?

I tried to open the project in the current SVN but I get alot of compile errors, I am using Visual Studio 2013. I am guessing this errors have to do with me not referencing civ4 dlls? I am not sure. Are there any frameworks I have to install to make sure the project compiles?

Unfortunately I only have VS 2013 and VS 2015. Can the project even compile in those versions? I saw a 2012 project in the SVN I think.

I have never done civ4 modding before (except some basic xml editing when it released) However, I do program mobile android and iPhone apps for a living (using visual studio and c#) so I have a really good understanding of programming and Visual Studio.

6. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

I use 2008 because when I began here that was all that was supported. I know Koshling, AIAndy and Alberts2 have taken measures to make it possible to use as recent as 2012. I think that's what Alberts2 uses.

It's really not different than the general setup instructions for SDK modding as explained elsewhere on the site (which was so long ago and the steps taken so procedurally that I am poorly equipped to help here.) One thing that's been discovered too is that if you are trying to work with a Steam version of the game it won't work.

There is an added file to the normal SDK that you have to add. I remember that. Don't remember what file it was. I also know that the makefile is setup a little differently for C2C so that you can work with the SVN a little easier, something to do with splitting up the file so that what goes on the SVN stays constant while the file that expresses the file location references is yours to manipulate locally.

Beyond all that... One of the other previous programmers would probably be a lot more qualified to help guide you. Now that I'm setup and have been for years it would be very difficult to get myself setup again if needed.

7. Bobisback

Bobisback Chieftain

I am not sure i have access to that version of visual studio. I will have to check.

Thats fine civ4 is the only game I have like 5 copies of lol.

Is there no readme in the c2c svn on how to setup the project, maybe that would be a good first addition for me hahaha.

Who would be the best to talk too.

8. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

I think 2008 is still free to download. Not sure though.

Nope. Sorry. Had I had the foresight back when I was getting myself setup (which was long before Koshling changed a bunch of stuff) I would've made a post on it. But the posts on getting the SDK setup in general here were the ones I followed. Then there were just a very few things Koshling had to mention and nothing has had to change for me despite Alberts2 and such doing more to enable more recent versions for themselves.

I'd PM all 3 of them. They do check in on occasion and would usually be quite happy to help you get setup. They just don't tend to read the forums much anymore.

9. Bobisback

Bobisback Chieftain

Cool thanks, I will see if I can get setup by the end of this weekend.

10. alberts2

alberts2 Chieftain

11. Bobisback

Bobisback Chieftain

Thanks for the heads up this got me started.

So I got the project started up in visual studio 2012 (turns out i had it installed already hahaha, cool) I got all the files I needed downloaded following the sdk civ4 setup. And I just did all the makefilepath things. After it compiles for about 2 mins I get this error.
    Spoiler :
    Error 1411 error MSB3073: The command "nmake /NOLOGO /K Debug" exited with code 1. C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V110\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets 38 5 C2C

This was the same error I got when I first tried this some time ago, except the error happened right when it started building instead of 2 mins later. I am guessing a makefilepath issue?

Any ideas.

Thanks,
    Bob

12. alberts2

alberts2 Chieftain

Could you post the complete log.

13. Bobisback

Bobisback Chieftain

SO after messing with the MakeFilePath It is now building successfully haha. Setting it up was alot easier then I thought it was going to be.

Cheers!

Now I just have to find out where the code is for this manager I speak of.

When building the project what is the difference between Final_Release and Final_Release2?

Thanks,
    Bob

14. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

*Has wondered the same thing for a long while now.*

Final_Release is the non-debug dll we use. Are you familiar with how to run the debug dll and attach to it?