1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Building Scenarios on a Mac ?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Macintosh' started by von Tirpitz, Aug 1, 2006.

1. von Tirpitz

von Tirpitz Chieftain

Hi folks,

I just wondered if it's possible to create decent scenarios on our favorite plattform without all the SDK stuff Windows Users have. Just took a quick look into the world builder and found out that a lot of options are missing, like changeing nations or leaders. Also I have no idea about how to include events in the game? :confused:
    Can anyone help me out?

Even though I know there would be limited functions I'd love to create a scenario that is playable on every Mac without all the XML errors..

2. AlanH

AlanH Mac addict, php monkey Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

The options are not "missing" in WorldBuilder. They were never there in Windows either. That's just a map editor. You need to get into the XML and Python if you want to add or edit civs, units etc.. Remember that there were lots of mods developed for Windows before they had the SDK, but you have to go beyond WorldBuilder to do it. The SDK would also allow you to mod the game rules

3. Sam_Yeager

Sam_Yeager Another Original Geezer

I would suggest that you have a good look at the C&C forum. There are some useful threads stickied e.g. World Builder manual and a modders guide to Civ4 that should get you started