1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

building under the sea

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Creation & Customization' started by stgelven, Jan 13, 2006.

1. stgelven

stgelven Prince

i remember call to power where it was possible to conqueer the sea and space.
    i think that it could be very cool that in ffutur age we can conqueer the sea, it will change the gameplay!

i hope that now it should be possible too mode on this way. if a team of good modder want to di this ...

2. MarcusSaurono

MarcusSaurono Warlord

I'm completely new to Civ4 modding and haven't read a lot of the posts. So, I'm not sure if its been answered but can new improvements be added?

3. Grohan

Grohan Bug-hunter

It can't be done until the SDK is released.

4. Tahuti

Tahuti Writing Deity

Basicly it would be already possible, we could simply make a settler that moves like a boat, such as the sea-engineer.

5. Olleus

Olleus Deity

but city's con not be built on the sea and i don't think that python can be edited so that it can.

6. stgelven

stgelven Prince

My hope is the SDK

Is someone know if it's possible to create new amenagements -i mean submarines roads, farms, industrys, mines).

7. Samez

Samez ION GUNNER

THat'S a good question.. hm in generall I think it might be possible (remeber the whaling boats....) (if not try to create a water resource which will apear on every sea tile where is no fish or crab ... or something like this)
    Well in fact I'm not an expert in modding civ 4 so I might also be wrong....

8. oagersnap

oagersnap Emperor

If you enter the worldbuilder it's very easy to build a city in the sea.

9. Olleus

Olleus Deity

sorry my mistake i asumed that the game stopped it. That means that if you create a sea worker you can,theoreticaly, build improvements on the sea like farms. Might be worth looking into.

10. stgelven

stgelven Prince

GREAT! i'll try to see what it done...

theoreticaly! i hope that it is possible.

11. stgelven

stgelven Prince

Can you tell me how you are dinng this? because i cannot.

12. Haarbal

Haarbal Prince

i think you can.
    create a new terrain type, give it a name, stats of normal lands (plains or something), edit the yields, so its equal to sea and use the sea skin/model.
    i'm not sure though if it's possible to create a new terrain type just jet :p

haarbal

edit: if this is the way, you need to change a LOT in all of the unitinfos. you need to mod in that land units cant enter it (make it impassable) and make the 'sea' passible to sea units, but make the land impassable.

13. stgelven

stgelven Prince

well, i was afraid of thats, it's not so easy to do what i want (if possible)

well, i know what to do for the next 10 years! :crazyeye:

14. Haarbal

Haarbal Prince

well, it's just a lot of xml work, that you have to repeat over and over again. the unitinfos file is big, but thats because it are a lot of units, in which you'll have to change the same files, over and over.
    btw, if you want it to work good, you'll need to modify/add recources like fish, so the appear more often.

haarbal

15. stgelven

stgelven Prince

i herared that i need the SDK for this, i have time to wait and anyway many things to prepare!

if someone would making the drawing... much appreciate!

ps we can imagine a submarine civ (atlantis) if we can use the sea, there is absolutly no limts to modding!:crazyeye: