[C3C] Building Units with Luxury Resources

Mithadan

Wandering Woodsman
Is it possible to make a luxury resource a prerequisite for a unit? It appears to be fine for buildings (I've just built an Elephant Stable with an ivory prereq), but I'm finding that I can't build units that require silver (which I've set as a luxury resource).

I don't know why it's taken me this long to realise it might not be a possibility!

Edit: so the AI has no problem building a unit with only a single luxury as the required resource, but both it and the human player appear to be incapable of building a unit with a luxury and a strategic resource as requirements. Is this a known issue?

Last edited:
Mithadan... No problem requiring a Luxury with a Strategic Resource to build a Unit.

An example of this is I Require Booze, which is a Luxury Resource and Military Gear, which is a Strategic Resource to build a Paratrooper in EFZI2 Elite.

Mithadan... No problem requiring a Luxury with a Strategic Resource to build a Unit.

An example of this is I Require Booze, which is a Luxury Resource and Military Gear, which is a Strategic Resource to build a Paratrooper in EFZI2 Elite.
If that's the case, then I don't know what's making these units unbuildable! I require Silver (luxury) and Hemp (strategic) for building a Quinquireme, but only Silver (luxury) for a La Tene Hero. The La Tene Hero is buildable, and the Quinquireme isn't. So weird!

If that's the case, then I don't know what's making these units unbuildable! I require Silver (luxury) and Hemp (strategic) for building a Quinquireme, but only Silver (luxury) for a La Tene Hero. The La Tene Hero is buildable, and the Quinquireme isn't. So weird!

Could there be a problem with the Hemp supply?

Oh for pete's sake, I have the Quinquireme buildable by only the Greeks. WHOOPS. Oh my gosh, guys, I am so sorry for bringing this to your attention!

I was half-way through building a testing map to see if I could get the unit built by the AI under super-ideal resource conditions, and then I noticed that. AUGH!

Oh for pete's sake, I have the Quinquireme buildable by only the Greeks. WHOOPS. Oh my gosh, guys, I am so sorry for bringing this to your attention!

I was half-way through building a testing map to see if I could get the unit built by the AI under super-ideal resource conditions, and then I noticed that. AUGH!
Congrats, you're officially a modder again.

Great to see you back, Mithadan. I'm actually glad you posted this thread because I was trying to remember the answer to this as well.

An example of this is I Require Booze, which is a Luxury Resource...

Coincidentally, I also Require Booze...oh, you meant the unit...

Ha ha ha, yay I'm a modder again! :lol: I think I also need some booze, now, after that doozy.

Coincidentally, I also Require Booze...oh, you meant the unit...

Ha ha ha, yay I'm a modder again! :lol: I think I also need some booze, now, after that doozy.

Yes indeed, it helps but unfortunately it is ephemeral... still nothing like a Good shot of Glenfiddich 12 yer old single malt whisky :cheers:

Top Bottom