Buildings After City Takeover

MichaelQ

Chieftain
Howdy! What determines what buildings are intact after a City Takeover? Sometimes I conquer a city with only a Granary present, sometimes it's 10 buildings.

It's defined in the BuildingInfos.xml.
Each building has a certain preset survival percentage.
For instance, the granary has a 66% chance of survival, whereas an airport will always be destroyed.
You can look up the value in the xml file and search for <iConquestProb>.

Thank you! This already helps me. What I didnot understand: What triggers the destruction? Is it the bombardement? Or just the act of conquering? And when will the odds be calculated? Sometimes when I load a game and conquer the city again it's still the same buildings that survive.

BTW: What really freaks me out is when the former owner of the city takes control again and everything is immediatley restored, including the cultural influence.

BTW2: Happy new year.

The act of conquering. When owner of the city takes control again, buildings are not restored at all.

Sometimes when I load a game and conquer the city again it's still the same buildings that survive.
The random number generator usually depends on everything that goes on in a game, so if you take the same actions with your units after a reload, the same buildings will survive (unchecking "Preserve Random Seed" in custom game options would force the game to generate a new random seed on reload).

Well, I have the strong impression that AI re-takeover also restores buildings but I cannot prove it. However, they never face resistance nor cultural losses. But when I regain my formerly lost cities it's the same as if I never had owned them: riots, less buildings and no culturual influence.

But thanks anyway for the Random Seed thing!

Well, I have the strong impression that AI re-takeover also restores buildings but I cannot prove it.

Actually you could if it was true. Sheesh people, don´t any of you guys ever use Worldbuilder?

But thanks anyway for the Random Seed thing!

Actually this only applies to the base game, AFAIK you can´t really change the settings in RFC.

However, they never face resistance nor cultural losses. But when I regain my formerly lost cities it's the same as if I never had owned them: riots, less buildings and no culturual influence.
Whether a civ faces resistance or cultural losses depends on the amount of said civ's culture the city tile has. Here's a screenshot from RFC-DoC that shows Brest, the city Scandinavia just captured from me, in resistance:

Spoiler :

Note that cities flipping to a new civ on its spawn are a whole different issue. Technically, they're not conquered, but traded, with all the buildings intact and culture converted.

Actually you could if it was true. Sheesh people, don´t any of you guys ever use Worldbuilder?
Or just look at the city graphics on the map. It requires some familiarity with the way buildings look, though.

Actually this only applies to the base game, AFAIK you can´t really change the settings in RFC.
You can if you edit one *.ini file.

You are playing France and conquered Germany? How dare you! However, what happens, when you take Brest back? Still some resistance agains you?

What is the .ini-file I have to edit?

No, when I took Brest back, there was no resistance, since the city had only been in Scandinavian hands for a very short time and they didn't manage to pump any culture in it at all.

As for the file, Beyond the Sword/Mods/Rhye's and Fall of Civilization/Rhye's and Fall of Civilization.ini. Change the 1 in NoCustomScenario = 1 to 0, it will allow you to choose single player -> custom scenario (and then select one of the two RFC scenarios) from the menu. Some of these options will case the mod to crash, but the random seed one will work fine.

Top Bottom