Buildings gone after city captured?

Valmighty

Warlord
Are buildings intentionally made gone after cities are captured?

I checked <ConquestProb> on the XMLs, seems like the only thing that has <ConquestProb> are wonders which are <ConquestProb>100</ConquestProb>

Cultures are always gone, but I think I've seen Granary gone as well (That or the AI simply didn't build it). It's hard to say what is really disappearing.

On a side note, while Wonders do stay, do you get their effects when you puppet the city or do you have to annex the city?

It's disappointing not able to see which building is there in the city before we conquer it (unlike civ4 which was visible).

When I first started playing CiV back in the day, whenever one of my cities was about to get taken by AI, I would go into the city manager and start deleting the buildings so that the enemy couldn't benefit from them when they captured it. I've stopped doing that since then obviously because I think it makes no difference but there are definately buildings that can't be removed compared to some that can.

The ones that can be removed are probably the ones that are automatically removed when it's captured.

The RNG tends to destroy more buildings than it saves for Civ V.

No new to annex for wonders to have effect (you get their power if they are puppets). Those are usually built in cities you'll eventually want to annex (after it comes out of resistance)

Well, I had one weird thing. I captured Washington (renamed to Xi'an) and the city had great lighthouse. The free lighthouse was destroyed. Here's a screenshot.

Spoiler :

Attachments

• 2012-05-09_00002.jpg
    2012-05-09_00002.jpg
    312.4 KB · Views: 226
Well, I had one weird thing. I captured Washington (renamed to Xi'an) and the city had great lighthouse. The free lighthouse was destroyed. Here's a screenshot.

Spoiler :

I see it perfectly normal, each wonder has either or both Passive bonus and One Time bonus, Light House is both, Passive, the bonus to movement, and One Time, the free lighthouse.

If you capture a city with the Great Library, you'll lose both, the Library, and are unable to get a Free Tech, but you retain the Science bonus or whatever.

Stonehenge, you don't lose anythingb ecause it's a passive one (+6 culture per turn).

Top Bottom