Buildings thread (feedback as in suggestions for improving would be great!)

Kyriakos

Creator
This needs a new thread, since the other one is about forts (moreover rendered at civ terrain building size), while this is for larger renders of individual buildings :)

The following are my first (neither is finished), and are the Hagia Sophia of Thessalonike (byzantine cathedral) and the Fortified Manor from Warhammer fantasy:

upload_2022-1-7_8-4-15.png

My plan is to create a few sets, which can be used at civ (also the new community civ) and also as assets for isometric strategy games :)

So, feel free to suggest improvements to the graphics!
I think that a lot of peripheral stuff will be added (such as grass, dirt, perhaps small objects where they make sense, ala AOEII buildings)

For Games that can use them, the Larger Buildings will appear much more Grand and show the Details realistically.

From a Graphics point of view, it would be the same as being able to have Units much larger, use 16 million colors and attack/defend in 16 directions :yup:

For Games that can use them, the Larger Buildings will appear much more Grand and show the Details realistically.

From a Graphics point of view, it would be the same as being able to have Units much larger, use 16 million colors and attack/defend in 16 directions :yup:

With some experimentation, the gfx can look a LOT better. Even at civ scale :)

upload_2022-1-8_8-53-34.png

With some experimentation, the gfx can look a LOT better. Even at civ scale

Well Yes, alter all that is what we have been working with over 20 years... I like the contrast of the top dome against the lighter roof :thumbsup:

Well Yes, alter all that is what we have been working with over 20 years... I like the contrast of the top dome against the lighter roof :thumbsup:

I am facing considerable trouble with textures. And, yes, it does seem like I will have to uv-map everything, at this size. Which can't really be done on models that are already unified as one piece (because I was too lazy to individually alter the textures, so I united everything :lol: )

upload_2022-1-8_16-22-52.png

Obviously I suggest San Vitale in Ravenna. :)

Although I still couldn't use the stupid cartoony lines of the tower in the original WH model.

Yes, I am sure that was to create a rather dilapidated/fantasy appearance.

Well, IF you are striving for the image proportions, the Tower and the small house on it also needs to be Larger. Of course the image is in a different angle than the Buildings for the Civ Game.
All depends on your Goal :)

Top Bottom