1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Bulgaria: 600 AD - 1200 AD

Discussion in 'World History' started by WerBackIII, Feb 8, 2008.

1. WerBackIII

WerBackIII Jar of the Rotting Brain

OK, this year I finally have history classes again and we started with one of the main invadors of the Byzantium. Bulgaria during the period 600 AD - 1200 AD.

Shame, but we quickly went through the material for Bulgaria (mainly because the teacher's rioting and the lack of time) but I'm interested.

Now it seems that in the past several years many new facts have been dragged out.

Please, if you have links with information about the end of the First Bulgarian Empire and maps for the period 1000 - 1600 AD, post it.

---------------

Now, I opened this thread to discuss how did the Bulgarians affected the European politic theatre in the period 600 - 1200 ad. Coming from the northern shores of Black Sea, Khan Asparuh settled his man in the lands of Ongyla, today's Romania. To 1600 Bulgaria was a major power in Eastern Europe. They stopped one Arabian invasion, unsettled the Hungarian tribes on the shores of Black Sea and succesfully invaded the Roman Empire not once.

They surely were a big political power. However, how do you think they mainly affected the historical screen from this times?

2. rmxtrax

rmxtrax Warlord

you should ask to werback 3

3. WerBackIII

WerBackIII Jar of the Rotting Brain

Wow... maybe I'm WerBackIII! :D

4. rmxtrax

rmxtrax Warlord

:lol:
    scuse me

5. Gelion

Gelion Captain

:lol:

Reminds me of that comic story. Sadly I forgot that guys name. Either way a guy visits a psychologist and says that he is the most depressed person in the world, that he has no hope in life and that he has tried everything and nothing couold help him. Psychologist feels for that guy and tells him to visit one comic that could make anyone laugh and become happy. Psychologist said that that comic was the best last resort and that he had helped everyone. "But sir, said the guy, I am that comic"

As for the question I dont know **** ;) (although I could speculate on the few things I do know about them)