Bulk Rename Utility program

LMR

Back In Green!
If you are like me, and prefer to render your units entire directions at a time, then this might help: Bulk Rename Utility

After you have moved the renders into the appropriate folders, they need to be renamed so Steph's Storyboard Builder can make them into storyboards for you.

Highlight all the files you want renamed in the program. The following criteria is what I use to rename my files:

The 'Remove' function takes all the digits away from the file name. The 'Add' function allows you to add in characters, in our case three zeros. The 'Numbering' function allows you to insert a digit and set an increment for it, so subsequent files have a different number. For really long unit names (eg SuperHeavyArmouredSuperHeavyMachineGunner) you may need to increase 'Insert at:' bit of the 'Numbering' function (far right).

Unfortunately, files with names 0011 or higher will be renamed to 00010, which is one to many zeros at the front. Highlight those with an extra zero and rename them again with the following criteria:

The 'Replace' function takes the 01 and replaces it with 1, giving the files the correct number of zeros. The 'Replace' function can be used to rename the files as well, from Default to Fortify, for example.

Anyway, hope this helps a few people.

Top Bottom