1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

BULL DLL with BUG

Discussion in 'Civ4 - BTS Unaltered Gameplay (BUG, BAT and BULL)' started by lexlexx, Jan 29, 2014.

1. lexlexx

lexlexx Chieftain

Hi everyone this is my first post so be nice please.

I am not sure if this has all ready been answered, but why is it that the BULL DLL is not with the BUG mod when you download the BUG mod and you have to install it separately? Also is there a version of bug mod that includes theBULL DLL with the standard BUG mod?

2. Lemon Merchant

Lemon Merchant Superconductor Moderator

I'm not sure why it isn't packaged together, but it's probably because they are two separate mods. Also, I don't think BULL works with MP games very well. ruff_hi will know for sure. He is wise, and rumored to be quite handsome and charming.

The other reason that there is no version of BUG that includes BULL is that nobody ever wrote the installer for it. EmperorFool told me that.

And welcome to the forums. :)

3. ruff_hi

ruff_hi Live 4ever! Or die trying

@Lemon - flattery will get you a response.

BULL is not part of BUG because BUG was started as a succession game mod - thus the focus on unaltered and making the game information easier to find. This meant installing under customassets which doesn't allow DLLs.

4. lexlexx

lexlexx Chieftain

Ah I see that makes sense, I would love for someone to make a mod which has both mostly just to save time with the installation (Im a bit lazy, when it comes to installing things that are not .exes) I would love to make the mod myself but I have no idea where I would start or if it would be possible. Anyway thanks for the help both of you!

5. Lemon Merchant

Lemon Merchant Superconductor Moderator

Try the BAT Mod, or Better BAT AI. Both have the full versions of BUG and BULL already installed. :)

6. lexlexx

lexlexx Chieftain

@ Lemon thank you I will have to try it out :)

7. TruePurple

TruePurple Civ wanna B

Where does one find this bull.dll outside of bat?

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
  8. s.bernbaum

s.bernbaum Mostly lurking

Click on The BUG Mod in Lemon's signature. It will link you to the BUG Project forum, where you will find download links for BUG, BULL, and BAT