1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

BULL

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Strategy & Tips' started by fes, Oct 25, 2014.

1. fes

fes Chieftain

I know how to install BUG. But how do I install BULL?

2. lymond

lymond Rise Up! (Phoenix Style!) Hall of Fame Staff

Note that there is a read me file in among the extracted files with instructions. If you have BUG installed in custom assets, just copy all the files in the BULL assets folder into the custom assets folder. The DLL will need to be placed in the regular BTS "Assets" folder (rename the vanilla DLL)

(Note: I use some .bat executables that instantly switch from bull dll to vanilla dll instantly if I need to run a conficting mod)

For BUG standalone, just copy all the BULL stuff into the BUG mod folder.

The "optional" BULL features need to be configured, but I honestly never was able to make it work. I really like the "heal sentry" feature, but it is an optional feature.

Although it is certainly a good idea to have BUG/BULL installed in custom assets when you need it for forum games, I highly encourage out to install the BAT mod. BAT mod gives you the full and latest BUG/BULL mod features (including the optional ones) plus cool graphics.

3. Pinďa

Pinďa Chieftain

Are these three mods still under development?

4. lymond

lymond Rise Up! (Phoenix Style!) Hall of Fame Staff

You'd have to ask the BUG/BAT guys/gal, but I don't expect newer versions. There's really not much to improve on unless mod components themselves are updated by others.