Birdjaguar

Hanafubuki
Super Moderator
Supporter
If Bumble is going begin his Trek anew, we need to know who is interested in participating. This is a sign up for those interested. You need to be willing to pay the small package postal changes to send bumble to the next address on the list in a timely manner. In addition you need to be willing to send your name and mailing address to the person before you on the list. We will create the mailing sequence once we have a list of participants. If you sing up below, please include the nearest notable city or other significant landmark. We realize that international postage will be higher than local and will arrange that only those willing to pay the higher amounts are in the queue at those points.

Currently Bumble is in the Seattle area. If we get enough participants, it seems likely that he will travel around the US, move to Canada, and then to Europe and beyond. IIRC bumble travels with a small notebook of stories? and some trinkets collected at each location. We also posted pictures of his activities while visiting with members. Nice traditions.

Sign up in this thread please. I will compile sign ups in this post. I think 6-8 names would get us started.

Birdjaguar: Albuquerque NM
schlaufuchs: Seattle, WA
IglooDame: Manchester, NH
Darsnan: Syracuse NY.

Emzie: Ottawa, ON, Canada

Aiken Drumn: United Kingdom
The_J: Netherlands
Grendeldef: Finland
Sofista: Italy

aelf: Singapore

Last edited:
Birdjaguar: Albuquerque NM

For those not in the know, the idea is to daisy chain users together such that we can send Bumble (a stuffed Yeti) around the world in 80(0) days.

I currently have Bumble and the notebook so:

Birdjaguar: Albuquerque, NM

For those not in the know, the idea is to daisy chain users together such that we can send Bumble (a stuffed Yeti) around the world in 80(0) days.

I currently have Bumble and the notebook so:

Birdjaguar: Albuquerque, NM

IglooDame: Manchester, NH

Given the utterly disastrous previous attempts, I suggest we digitally archive the whole contents before each move, but only do the big public reveal at the end?

Given the utterly disastrous previous attempts, I suggest we digitally archive the whole contents before each move, but only do the big public reveal at the end?
ha

yes.

Emzie: Ottawa, ON, Canada

I can host a foreigner for a while. I'll even promise to turn the heat on for him/her/it.

Grendeldef, Finland

To get around the world we really need some folks from OZ or Japan or Indonesia (@haroon ) or NZ. Do we have anyone from Singapore posting?

Yes, even now when things look a bit brighter it may be overly optimistic to send it to Ukraine and expect it to travel with the frontline to Vladivostok and continue by mail from there.

To get around the world we really need some folks from OZ or Japan or Indonesia (@haroon ) or NZ. Do we have anyone from Singapore posting?
My promise to you still stand, if you come here you are my guest, anyway @aelf is from Sings.

EU or not, we're still drawn by geography! :grouphug:

I assume Bumble is a plushie.

I'm in Singapore, but I'm in a transition phase between apartments, so address may change depending on the date.

I assume Bumble is a plushie.

I'm in Singapore, but I'm in a transition phase between apartments, so address may change depending on the date.
Yes he is a small (8" maybe) plushie. In the past he has traveled slowly so I would expect him to take at least a couple of months to reach Singapore. :)

With a stop over in Singapore, that opens up Japan, OZ and NZ. Do we have any Hawaii based posters?

Depending how slow the whole process is, I hope to take my parents to Japan in late spring next year, I could take Bumble with me.

Admittedly my parents will think I am an utter loon and always have due to my excessive use of CFC.

'You talking to those aliens again' is my Dad's go to retort. 🙄

Top Bottom