Bush disapproval rating hits new high

Sims2789

Fool me once...
Old.

Also, Warren G. Harding.

Not a big supprise.

And in other news: Pope is Catholic; bears crap in the woods.

It cannot hit a high if it's at an all time low.

""Bush's approval rating, which stands at 28 percent in our new poll, remains better than the all-time lows set by Harry Truman and Richard Nixon [22 percent and 24 percent, respectively], but even those two presidents never got a disapproval rating in the 70s," Holland said. "The previous all-time record in CNN or Gallup polling was set by Truman, 67 percent disapproval in January 1952."

Now compare that to how Truman is viewed today.

""Bush's approval rating, which stands at 28 percent in our new poll, remains better than the all-time lows set by Harry Truman and Richard Nixon [22 percent and 24 percent, respectively], but even those two presidents never got a disapproval rating in the 70s," Holland said. "The previous all-time record in CNN or Gallup polling was set by Truman, 67 percent disapproval in January 1952."

Now compare that to how Truman is viewed today.

Most people don't know much about him, but he seems like a pretty terrible President, or at the very least bad things happened during his Presidency.

He drew a line in the sand against the spread of communism. Democrat or not, that rules him out from being anywhere near the bottom.

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

1. 2 hours 27 minutes "old"

2. Warren G. Harding was not that unpopular, except in the media of the day.

1. This thread seems awfully familiar to that "Historians think Bush is worst president ever" thread, and will pretty much go along the same lines. It's old in that sense.

2. Andrew Johnson. Better? :lol: I still got Franklin Pierce or James Buchanon if you want more :p

Harding is just always the first name that jumps in my mind when I think "crappy president".

He drew a line in the sand against the spread of communism. Democrat or not, that rules him out from being anywhere near the bottom.

On top of that, he also was one of the first to fight for civil rights of African-Americans. On top of that, you got the GI Bill, possibly saving the country from a possible labor surplus, which could lead to unemployment. His Fair Deal was pretty controversial, but I would say it's just an extension of the New Deal. Luckily, most of it was shot down. However (and I'm sure VRWC will agree this one is bad), Social Security benefits expanded, minimum wage increased, and the infamous Housing Act.

Overall, I'd say he was okay-good, in the upper-half of presidents. I'm a little curious on that high disapproval for Truman though.

Oh yeah, he had some bad crap, but for a Democrat he could have done a lot worse.

That was a no-brainer, though. We should have finished North Korea in the beginning before China could get involved, but the Commander-in-Chief determines the mission, not the tactics, so I don't think we can blame Truman for this. He did fire McArthur for wanting to bomb China, but that was a smart move because China would have sent even more troops if we'd bombed them.

That was a no-brainer, though. We should have finished North Korea in the beginning before China could get involved, but the Commander-in-Chief determines the mission, not the tactics, so I don't think we can blame Truman for this. He did fire McArthur for wanting to bomb China, but that was a smart move because China would have sent even more troops if we'd bombed them.

How would we do that exactly? We were "finishing them off" when the Chinese invaded because MacArthur got a bit close to the Yula for their comfort.

Thats what I love about this place, the quality of the debate.

Incicive. Pithy.

Don't blame other people because you don't get it.

Moderator Action: Well, obviously I don't get it. At best its spam, at worst its trolling. Considering that you're making no effort to discuss the issues, then you can have a spam infraction.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Bush isn't a bad president, only the events during his two terms have been less than favorable for his image. I have a good feeling the next president will be worse.

Top Bottom