1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Bush: Turncoat on Christians?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Dan-Beersheba, Oct 27, 2004.

1. Dan-Beersheba

Dan-Beersheba Monkeys wouldn't claim us

Source

Just wondering if this is cause for alarm for the christians here. Will this change your view of the candidates?

2. Quasar1011

Quasar1011 King of Sylvania

It won't change my view or vote. There are plenty of issues best left to the states. But I am kinda ticked off at Bush for supporting the creation of a Palestinian state.

3. Sanaz

Sanaz Gorilla Joe

This actually sounds like a traditional republican view, right? More states' rights, less federal laws. Is this the first time he's tried this viewpoint? It sounds like he's disagreeing with his own platform, not the Republicans' platform. I guess he's decided it's safer to play both sides on this issue. I'm not christian, and I definitely don't care what christians think in general, so I don't know if they'd be upset. But they do seem to get upset about a lot of things.

4. bobgote

bobgote Trousers

bush's idea sounds better than the republican party's.

5. CenturionV

CenturionV Warrior Forever

Its disappointing, but not really unexpected, its not like he's hardcore christian, you could'nt be and still make it into US office these days.

I've never "supported" bush anyway, I consider him the far lesser of 2 evils, and his foreign policy is actually not bad (if he would just get rid of that pesky UN)

6. Hundegesicht

Hundegesicht Manly Studmuffin

How is that different from the Republican party's stance on the issue? :confused: I thought that was it, and it was Bush that wanted a total ban... maybe I was confusing the two.

7. Sims2789

Sims2789 Fool me once...

Both sides only support state's rights when their side is losing.

8. stratego

stratego Trying to be good.

Doesn't alarm me. Whatever Bush decides to do pre-election won't change the fact that he's a disgrace to Christianity and to American policies.

But for those who is strongly opposed to gay marriage, this shouldn't sway you away from voting Bush. This isn't Bush softening on gay marriage. Since he couldn't get a Constitutional Ban passed, he might as well settle for partial ban in some states.

9. stormbind

stormbind Retenta personam!

This changes my opinion of him, but it's too little, too late.

10. slothman

slothman Emperor

My guess is that he doesn't really fell this way but is "changing" his mind so a few liberals would vote for him. He has been anti-gay, or at least against gay marriage or civil unions, for a long time so it is unlikely he would change less than a week before election.

11. carlosMM

carlosMM Deity

I'll not by cynical for a change and say that IF he really MEANS what he says he just managed to go from a 0.1% rating to a 1% rating on my respect scale.

12. The Last Conformist

The Last Conformist Irresistibly Attractive

Wow. Bush being sensible. :p

Remind me, BTW; what's Kerry's stance on legal unions?

13. Paradigne

Paradigne Emperor

Kerry can't even take communion in his own church so I guess he is a disgrace to Christianity as well??

14. test_specimen

test_specimen hope lost

:lol: Whenever the day looks gray I log onto CFC and read one of your posts. "its not like he's hardcore christian"? "his foreign policy is actually not bad"? People like you are the reason why I don't bother reading through the "are Bush supporters in denial" thread: it's already obvious.

15. andrewgprv

andrewgprv Second Class Citizen

I agree, this looks like a political maneuver

16. Stapel

Stapel FIAT 850 coupé

Most people that call themselves Christians are a disgrace to Christianity.

17. classical_hero

classical_hero In whom I trust

That is a very unfortunate yet true statement. If those who call themselves Christian get on with what God put us on the planet to do, then more people might want to hear what we have to say. The Bible clearly commands us to "Go and preach the Gospel". Unfortunately we are to focused on issues rather than being focused on what Jesus has done for us. That is what a Christian should first and foremost. And with that, a Christian must also live a life that is consistent with God's word. That is another way to show what Jesus can do. If we first focus on God, who knows want cann happen?

18. Paradigne

Paradigne Emperor

Most people who call themselves Human Beings are a disgrace to Humanity...

19. thestonesfan

thestonesfan A Client of Ron Kuby

Most people that call themselves disgraces are a disgrace to disgracefulness.