Bush's popularity outside the US

What's your general opinion about Bush and about the United States ?

• I'm not a US citizen and I like Bush

Votes: 16 7.7%
  • I'm not a US citizen and I dislike Bush

Votes: 96 46.4%
  • I'm not a US citizen and I like the USA in general

Votes: 55 26.6%
  • I'm not a US citizen and I dislike the USA in general

Votes: 24 11.6%
  • I'm a US citizen and I like Bush

Votes: 31 15.0%
  • I'm a US citizen and I dislike Bush

Votes: 56 27.1%
  • I'm a US citizen and I like the USA in general

Votes: 52 25.1%
  • I'm a US citizen and I dislike the USA in general

Votes: 11 5.3%
  • I have no opinion about that kind of stuff

Votes: 2 1.0%

• Total voters
Why is it that everyone that doesn't like the US (or for some people, the President) is a Communist, a dictator, or a religious fanatic?

Just curious.

Originally posted by The Yankee
Why is it that everyone that doesn't like the US (or for some people, the President) is a Communist, a dictator, or a religious fanatic?

Just curious.
If you are in the "enemies" business it helps to paint your targets in the most garish colors possible.

Hmm....I wonder where Jacque Chirac fits in with those descriptions. :lol:

Originally posted by HighlandWarrior
communist.
:hmm: But he is a Gaullist. I thought they were anti-Communist. We are going to have to invent some other slur for him. Perhaps apolitical opportunist. And heathen to boot;)

Chirac is a Communist? First time I've heard that...
I can see the headline, now.

Chirac at Lenin's Tomb

Get a few pictures of the guy next to Lenin...maybe paint a hammer and sickle on his arm. Bless technology to put things on photos.

But I have to ask.....Why isn't Chirac actually a member of the French Communist Party (PCF)?

he's not a dictator or religious fanatic, so he must be a communist. ;)

I'm an American and I like Bush and America. ( I would have prefered Gore but Bush is fine with me)

Non-US
Dislike Bush

and depending on what you're getting at with liking/disliking the country, I dislike it, but that is mainly on a few seemingly endemic policies. As someone else mentioned, I can recall having a better opinion of the US during Clinton's administration.

I like the concept and ideals of the American Republic, and I like most of the Americans I have met, but I strongly dislike Bush and company, who have high-jacked the goodwill of so many Americans, for their own personal benefit.

Originally posted by Drewcifer
:hmm: But he is a Gaullist. I thought they were anti-Communist. We are going to have to invent some other slur for him. Perhaps apolitical opportunist. And heathen to boot;)

Just to really insult him perhaps you could call him an undemocratic freedom hating asylum seeking single parent with links to WMD who also claims welfare and could be a muslim too and is also quite possibly gay.
Lets see Fox beat that one. :mischief:

I like USA (a lot), but I dislike Bush (a lot)

I'm not a citizen of the USA, but I like the country. I don't dislike any country, though, only the policies of quite a few countries.

Regarding Bush, I think he is quite a moderate Republican. Some things I like about him, some things I dislike about him. He is clearly better than anyone the Democrats can come up with, IMO, so although I'd like to see him replaced (preferably by a libertarian or another, more fiscally conservative, republican), I quite like him, considering the alternatives.

I'm not from USA, I hate Bush but I have nothing against USA in general

Originally posted by Marla_Singer
Well, I'm not american, I like the US in general, especially New York City... I love that city !! I've been there only for holidays and I know the feeling may be totally different once we live there... however that city looks great to me. It's big, it's dense, it's alive, it's a little world on itself, things happen everyday there, people are rude... Actually, it's a bit like Paris but a lot wider (and taller) ! I still hope I'll live there once. :)

I'll second everything you said and add I dislike Bush.
That's it. :D

Top Bottom