Bush's Speech

jc011

Rider of Rohan
what a dissapointment, for me anyway :(. Looking for one word "CANADA", and nothing, how could he forget us?

:punch: , by the way the punch thing doesn't work

easy explanation their. I didn't get ot hear the speech(I was required ot be at a football game, but we talked about it in governmnet today. Both Canada and Mexico have given us no support, they have been on our side only in not being on the terrorists side. to be honest(and scare myself) Cuba has offered more support than Canada. I am not saying that Canada is bad, I am just sayign that they have provided no support. I believe this is because Canada tries to stay out of other peoples business as best it can.

------------------
Both Canada and Mexico have given us no support, they have been on our side only in not being on the terrorists side.
------------------

I had not heard anything about Canada one way or the other.

I was commenting to a freind of mine today - he's from Mexico - the Maxican President Vicente Fox was sure all over the lplace the last few months - was even in Chicago at the begining of September - - but he has been noticably absent since Sept. 11.

"Si... queremos estar amigos...eh, ?que passa?... lo siento, soy occupado... ciao!"

Senior Ashoka (unable to post with diacriticals)

He did mention Israel... Only he forgot to check what he said. He said there were 130 Israelies in the towers, but the numbers are:
1 Body of an Israeli indentified
3 Israelis appearantly died but haven't been recovered yet
60 are still missing

He also said that Israel will help, but won't be in the coalition. I don't care. All the suspects are also our enemies, so if someone wants to fight them he can have whatever help he wants.

no support!!!?????? :eek: just because we don't give them military help doesn't mean we don't support them, and i think we are giving a little help with some old airplanes and JTF2 members but as i recall, we took 33,000 passengers that landed in Canada when the attacks occured. On Friday ,at parliament they said that their closest and best friends were Canada, now it's Britain, whats with that? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I also found the speach......a kind of kick in the crotch of Canada.

Canada is doing SOOOOO much behind the scenes stuff and getting no credit it makes me sick.

First: A lot of international planes were grounded in Canada...and Canadian have been treating the Americans (and all passangers) very well!!! I don't know if you read my post in the "reality" thread, but it was the story about a small town in Newfoundland that had 11,000 Americans grounded there. The town population was 11,000!!!! The town got the citizens to make food and bring it too the airport for the passangers, the town also cancelled school so that they could put people up in the Gyms at the schools (Since the town has MAYBE 3 small hotels)

Second: Several Canadian companies have been making American flags for the US. Since they can't keep up with the demand.

Third: Chretian also met with Bush a few days ago, and pledged to help where ever Canada can. We aren't a military power you know. ;)

I found the "..Britian is our greatest Ally.." part of the speach a BIG pissof. I mean...WTTF is Canada? But me and Az had a talk, and figured that Canada and USA are so close that it didn't really need to be meationed...but if that's not how it was........I'm not to pleased. But anyway....I'll shut up now.

FWIW, Canada and the US are closer than even Britian in many ways. Canadian military are even with us in our most secure and sensitive locations, such a Cheyanne Mountain... and are a part of our global thermonuclear war decision making and policy. The trade, economy, even enterainment humor and culture are closer to us than that of Britain.

Compare Canada and Mexico? Get real. As a nation, Mexico is not even stable and can't even provide safe drinking water to its citizens.

While Mexico is an Ally and a fine nation, it is still pretty much a mooch, as far as nations go. And their military capability and expertise is laughable to the max. I can't ever recall even seeing a Mexican officer. For that matter, does Mexico have a military, LOL?

As for trade, Mexico is pretty much a liability as a trading partner. But America will continue to keep Mexico under its wing and one day maybe Mexico will pick itself up by its bootstraps.

I have served with Canadians in two wars, and at least five humanitarian operations, and they were not just a token presence for PC gain. They actually pulled their weight and then some. Where was Mexico? Probably extorting money from drug lords while ensuring safe delivery of drugs to the US and Canada.

Anyway, there is no comparison between Mexico and Canada, as far as Importance and Alliance with the US.

Between Canada or Mexico? If not Canada, don't bother even giving me Mexico in a crunch, LOL.

:)

The British SAS have already been in action in Afghanistan (on Friday), THAT is support :)

Canada is a Nato member.

Nato ratified article 5 of the nato charter, "An attack on one is an attack on all", right at the begining of this.

Like all of Nato, Canada has been behinf the US 100%

Since every US citizen knows that Canada backs the US completely, they don't need to hear it in speeches, they believe it before hand.

Bush needed to mention some of nato's weak sisters, like France and Germany, who have a habit of bailing out when dealing with the Islamic world.

Don't worry boys, we know who are true friends are, they share this land, have a red maple leaf flag, and play football by distorted rules! :p ;)

well you got that right...zany football rules that is.

3 downs...we like to kick..and you are allowed to kick pretty much anytime you get the urge...
You should see the size of the ball..its huge...so is the feild.You can almost play a game in the endzone.
The uprights are right in the front middle of said endzones.Players get smoked on it a few times a season..its actuallly used in plays.
They make you kick FGs and conversions from way on the left or right of the feild..I have no idea whats going on with that.

We really haven't figured that game out yet...though we been at it for decades :)...we do play in Summer though....kinda

Starlifter: "I can't ever recall even seeing a Mexican officer. For that matter, does Mexico have a military, LOL?"

Oh yes they do. They were pretty active in Chiapas state (against some guerilla rebels called the "Zapatistas") a few years ago, and in December 1999 (when I returned from living and teaching English in Guatemala) they still had checkpoints all over the place there....

Not that their military is in any way comparable to the US (and many NATO allies) though. And I agree about the corruption there--it's despicable, and only serves to cut their own hamstrings as far as development....

The only thing they have going for them are their wonderful, hardworking common people....

Actually, I have lots of friends from Mexico, and my youngest sister has lived in Mexico City with a local family while studying at a MC univeristy. My oldest sister sponsors people from Mexico to live with her family, and study in Sweden.

But I'd never really thought about it before... I can't recall ever seeing or working with the Mexican Military, even in support of drug interdiction in South America and Central America. I presume Mexico has so many internal problems that they really can't be expected to be of much real use in external issues, like saving starving Russians or fighting Iraq.

It's no offense to Mexico, but that's just my experience. And since someone raised the Mexico/Canada thing, my own experience is that Canada not only works more closely with the US, but it is far more important by every major yardstick I can think of. Except for nice warm beaches and Sunshine, LOL. :)

The British SAS have already been in action in Afghanistan (on Friday), THAT is support

Quite true. In fact, on almost all issues, Britian, Canada, and the US will be very closely aligned. Each is of course a soverign nation (Does Britain really realize that Canada is not a province of the Empire, LOL ;) ).

But Canada and the US are tied geographically, and via a common border, in a way that Britain and the US are not. An couple that with the fact that Canada has its own internal house and infrastructure in order (well, except for the pesky Quebec question, hehe? ).

Britain is more aligned with a Eurpoean economic mindset... duhhhh... the Euro and the bended knee to the Bundesbank. But on almost all major foriegn policy issues, all 3 nations generally agree. And I don't think any of the 3 would stand for a foriegn power plundering any of the other 2, treaties or not.

Bush needed to mention some of nato's weak sisters, like France and Germany, who have a habit of bailing out when dealing with the Islamic world.

LOL, the French... what a pain they are in the world. Arming people in Central Africa... Giving Saddam nuclear technology... exporting western computer technology... kicking NATO out of Paris in '56...

And yes, they are not a solid, reliable nation in a crunch (from a western perspective). But their individuals in their military are decent people, even if their nation and it's leaders are squirrely.

Oh don't get me started on those belly-showing cowards. Those spineless, weak-willed, ratty-moustached, unshaven armpitted, smelly unwashed...(oh brother!)

Top Bottom