1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

But did not everyone else flip-flop?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by vonork, Aug 18, 2004.

1. vonork

vonork Emperor

A quote used as to prove that Kerry is a flip-flopper...

Now, correct me if I'm wrong but would not a majority of say the republicans voted against before they voted for the resolution for this to have happened?

So by that standard they are flip-floppers too?

2. North King

North King blech

Everyone "flip flops" on the issues as, for example, new evidence comes into light or new research comes to change their mind. Personally, I'd be more frightened of someone who never changed their stance regardless of conflicting evidence or new stuff than someone who did.

3. stormbind

stormbind Retenta personam!

Like Bliar... he never changes his mind, and never admits a mistake. People like he are all dangerous big eared little chimps... it doesn't always show up against a background of pedigree bush-chimps though. My point is, they are all funny looking animals!

Good leaders, on the other hand, maintain the ability to change their tactics when plans go pear-shaped.

I think I've strayed off topic. Ook!

4. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Deity

Today's politicians put their fingers to the wind to determine future presentations of their "positions".

I am glad (and thankful!) that the Founding Fathers of this country were not a bunch of career politicians. They stayed the course of independence, regardless of the consequences their decisions would have on their personal lives. Today's elected officials would not even be qualified to feed the horse of the great George Washington! :D

5. stormbind

stormbind Retenta personam!

I don't actually think anything of George Washington ;)

But... I guess if you feel that way, it's time to declare independence and start again? :confused:

6. Mark1031

Mark1031 Deity

7. MarineCorps

MarineCorps Explosion!

Um, those don't go against each other.... One compares Saddam to AL QAEDA the other says Saddam had no involment in 9/11 attacks.

Key word: anticipate

Don't see how he's flip flopping there.

8. Mark1031

Mark1031 Deity

Marine Corps , I agree that the first 2 fall more readily into the category of lies. The 3rd could be characterized as either a flip or being duped. Chalabi was a leader who we pushed and supproted then we dumped him. He did not change that much in 4 months.

9. insurgent

insurgent Exhausted

Look how stormbind spells it! Isn't he clever?

10. Archer 007

Archer 007 Rebirth

And such a good dresser too!