Buying my Way to Wonders

aeldrik

from CIV1 to infinity
ok, so I am sure, Wonders cannot be hurried with money? or can they? in one of my last games, I was able to buy all my wonders from the industrial era!!!!!!! this was great, just a huge advantage....

I would have attached the saved game file form the last turn but it's (even zipped) over 500kb, this might not have shown the situation of buying the wonders anyway, but you could have, by watching the replay, see how it took me only a few turns for many wonders of the industrial era, by buying them for 3600 Gold!!!!

Wonders can be hurried, both with gold and population. I was a bit concerned at first this would be unbalancing, but it doesn't seem a problem. Rushing with population is hopeless unless the wonder is nearly complete, and gold doesn't become available until you get univeral sufferage. Even if you get this early from the pyramids, the gold costs are usually prohibitive till the industrial age.

You can buy wonders, but not projects. Things like the Manhatten project and spaceship components count as projects and so cannot be hurried. Since just about all the projects appear in the modern age I think this is the problem. You can hurry wonders at any point in the game when you have universal sufferage and enough gold to do it. (Will also be more of a problem in the modern age as wonders can cost up to 2000 hammers, and so 8000(?) gold).

Top Bottom