Buying new laptop for Civ6 (and other games) - what to buy

The gtx 960M should be fine for Civ6. HOWEVER, it is a bit of rubbish of card for games that are going to be coming out soon, especially considering you have a full hd screen.

I agree that a desktop is the better bang for the buck, unless you really want the portability. The 17" screen looks good, but I think you would be happier with an SSD with at least 256GB, and optimally 512GB if you play other games besides Civ. With today's games its amazing how fast disk space disappears.

Also, even though it might not always be possible, if you're going to buy a laptop it helps to try it out in person before buying. Trackpads/keyboards vary between laptops and the only way to know if they suit you is to test them out.
I´m quite happy with my purchase this far and happy I bought a 17" screen although it does a lot with the portability. However, since this is mainly a gaming PC I´m very happy with it.

The SSD was a thing I´ve been thinking about - even after the purchase. For now I will try and see how far it will go as I don´t think I will be playing that many different games. In case I will need a lot more space I guess I´ll have no other option than to upgrade it and reinstall all the crap on it - but I´ll survive :) For now I expect to have enough SSD.

Top Bottom