[BXP] BAT Xtras Packs - Modpacks for BAT 3.0 and above

Yay!

And don't listen to bestbrian. ;)
I have to. He carries a gun. :lol:

Like I've never heard that before. :p
I have purposely educated each and everyone of your incredibly numerous GF's that they should listen to you. Not necessarily agree with you, but at least to listen before ignoring you outright. :D

I have to. He carries a gun. :lol:

I have purposely educated each and everyone of your incredibly numerous GF's that they should listen to you. Not necessarily agree with you, but at least to listen before ignoring you outright. :D

Like I'm going to fall for that. You don't send a fox to mind the henhouse. :p

Quick announcement:

For those waiting for the BetterAI BAT merge, I have a preliminary build completed and I will be testing it when I return home from my little holiday. I did give it to my beta tester friend, so we'll see what kind of a mess I've made when I get back. :lol:

Sláinte.

-LM
hey lem. big mess as usual *lol*. i shot you the broken files last night so check yer mail will ya?

So... uh... I know that you are doing this for free, for fun and I appreciate it, but I still have to ask: Will the BetterAI/BAT merge ever actually happen or did you give up on it?

So... uh... I know that you are doing this for free, for fun and I appreciate it, but I still have to ask: Will the BetterAI/BAT merge ever actually happen or did you give up on it?
I am actually working on it this very evening. Can't a girl take a root beer break? :p

:lol::lol:

I appreciate your enthusiasm. My beautiful wife is "forcing" me to take some time for Civving, as if I need to be forced. ;)

I hope to release a beta very soon. :please:

EDIT: First complete build is finished. Now to play a few games before release. :goodjob:

She doesn't do it for free. She does it for the mass adulation, and the rush of power. Sort of like an Irish Eva Peron. :)

She doesn't do it for free. She does it for the mass adulation, and the rush of power. Sort of like an Irish Eva Peron. :)
If you start singing songs from Evita now, I will find your precinct and your locker. Hopefully, your shiny new laptop will be in it, and I can replace your music directory with selections from William Hung. :p

If that doesn't work, we'll just have to go out, get drunk, and behave badly while our women stay home and fret. :lol:

Better BAT AI Update

I have everything built, but I have found a nasty little Python bug that crashes the game to desktop if you build a female missionary. I'm spending my Sunday moving that code into the SDK to get around the problem.

Fingers crossed for a beta release next week.

Better BAT AI Update

I have everything built, but I have found a nasty little Python bug that crashes the game to desktop if you build a female missionary. I'm spending my Sunday moving that code into the SDK to get around the problem.

Fingers crossed for a beta release next week.

Girls are always trouble. :p

Thanks Lemon for the modules, really spices up an already very unintrusive and well-built mod. I just have some problems with the Hungarian civ: my cities are always invisible! If I build some other buildings, Wonders and the likes they would appear just fine, but not the stock city model. that's supposed to be there when your settlers first build the cities. Any clues? I've just installed BAT 3.0.1 (uninstalled BAT 2.3) and decided to try out the BXP modules, FYI.

Thanks Lemon for the modules, really spices up an already very unintrusive and well-built mod. I just have some problems with the Hungarian civ: my cities are always invisible! If I build some other buildings, Wonders and the likes they would appear just fine, but not the stock city model. that's supposed to be there when your settlers first build the cities. Any clues? I've just installed BAT 3.0.1 (uninstalled BAT 2.3) and decided to try out the BXP modules, FYI.
I'm not sure what's going on there. I'll try to check into it soon. R/L is killing me right now, sorry. :(

@ ilidian kid:

It's an error in the XML. Find the file Hungary_Civ4CivilizationInfos.xml in the BAT mod Modules folder under Hungary\XML. Open the file with a text editor and change this line:
Code:
<ArtStyleType>ARTSTYLE_MAGYAR</ArtStyleType>

to this:
Code:
<ArtStyleType>ARTSTYLE_EUROPEAN</ArtStyleType>

I've tested it and it works fine. I'm sorry for the delay in responding. :blush:

@LM: No problem, the fix worked great for me as well! Thanks again for the fantastic mod :)

You're very welcome. Thank you for the bug report, and for your patience. :)

Hi :)

The link to Avain's LeaderHead Pack's in the OP is messed up. Would appreciate finding out what that leaderhead pack is about before downloading as google didn't help me. :)

Fixed.

And thank you for pointing that out. :)

Anguish and frustration update. :mad:

Alas, my friends, the Better BAT AI merge is not going well. I've spent a few evenings with it, and the mod plays fine, but every time a female missionary is built, the game crashes. It has something to do with the "Unit Kill" function used to destroy the original male missionary graphic and replace it with a female substitute. As soon as that method is called in Python - poof! :(

I'm therefore moving to the SDK, to see if I can find a way to fix this once and for all, the way that I wanted to in the beginning, which is to simply call the proper art tag in the first place.

Grrr! Never make an Irish woman angry. Now it's a personal vendetta with me. :trouble:

Replacing a unit with python doesn't sound very elegant but I still have no idea how this would not work. Similary clueless am I when it comes to art, I don't even know if the dll handles art at all, so I'm as useless as ever.

Top Bottom