1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Bye for now, Civ 6 - It was nice getting to know you

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by SCBrain, Nov 26, 2016.

1. Fippy

Fippy Micro Junkie Queen

lol that's not difficult to understand..inet = one big hype train currently.
    Everything sells if presented on those mediums that peoples are addicted to..

Civ6 would have sold well as completly messed up product (i don't mean taste and arguments now, but something where everybody here would have said "lol what?"), if they manage to hide all it's problems before release and go on and on on youtube, twitch, twitter and whatever with marketing.

If you are fine with that..well, why even discuss.

I mean this

2. Gorbles

Gorbles Load Balanced

@TheMeInTeam

Sorry, I should have clarified. The game runs fine on hardware that is suited for it. The game itself is more graphically-demanding, but it does run (barring the odd issue). Heck, Deathinitive runs well enough on my old 660 Ti but I get weird performance issues in it and the base game for reasons I've never been able to work out.

There are also some oddities on top-end nVidia cards, but this seems to be common with a lot of releases. I think nVidia are losing the edge on driver maturity for their newest cards, to be honest.

3. nokmirt

nokmirt Emperor

I know it was expensive and I feel my money was wasted.

4. ThERat

ThERat Deity

I still can't comprehend why Firaxis with such a large fanbase is just so awful at community interaction. Even games for smartphones have a more active community interaction than Firaxis. What is so difficult about telling us their thought process and what they are planning to do in the near future and beyond.
    It is clear they will never satisfy everyone of us with their decisions but the state of UI and AI tells me they are really only interested in making the game looks good and shiny to get stellar mainstream media reviews and sell as many copies as possible. I spend a lot of good money on this game that currently only keeps my interest for the first 50 turns.

5. EricTheGreat12

EricTheGreat12 King

Have you ever heard of the Total War or Paradox franchise ?

Deal with it, the company isn't perfect, but at least it brings us some decently quality games and they have shown, in the past, to care greatly about the needs/wants of their fanbase.

Still not happy, go to Paradox games and see how much useless DLC they release almost every month....

whyidie likes this.
  6. ThERat

ThERat Deity

Look, I really was pleased with civ3, even though vanilla had some glaring issues too. Even with Civ4, I didn't really fancy that, but I could tell that Soren back then was genuinely interested in feedback and had a good feeling about Firaxis. The company has changed their style ever since that young panzer general fan bloke took the lead. I thought Ed Beach might be better. They completely went into hiding since release. Where are those fancy youtube videos etc?

7. EricTheGreat12

EricTheGreat12 King

@ThERat

The only time I remember them being active was when Gods&Kings and BNW where announced/released. The one reason I think that they got people so hyped up was because the game was going into a great direction, and Ed Beach was willing to bring in tons of new development into the game. Before then, I just played Civ 5, and I did not know, nor did I care, about the development behind Civ 5; I'm sure that he'll pop up, and he'll announce some little add-ons that will catch everybody's attention, they'll release the expansion, he'll then disappear again until he decides to return for the 2nd expansion's announcement.

That's the cycle of the Civ Franchise :)

8. nokmirt

nokmirt Emperor

I have faith they will fix this game, but I'll ***** about it in the meantime.

9. Europa Victrix

Europa Victrix Chieftain

I still have a bad taste in my mouth when thinking about XCOM2 patch support. 3 DLCs, 3 patches and they're done.
    I know they won't do this with Civ 6 but it'll be a looong time until it's (just) on the level of Civ5

George Abitbol likes this.
  10. Robo-Star

Robo-Star Prince

Essentially the Civ IV implementation - increased unit maintenance for each unit beyond a number based on factors like population size and government choices.

11. Eurik

Eurik Chieftain

"Bye for now, Civ 6 - It was nice getting to know you"

For me the aquintance wasn't nice at all. I was highly dissapointed. I guess they spoiled me by improving Civ untill IV, forming my high expectations for VI.

But yes; I agree: Bye for now, Civ VI.

12. Freesmog

Freesmog Skeptic1938222569

I agree wholeheartedly! Actually, after buying into the media hype for Civ5, I refuse to buy future Civ games. Unless, of course, I read enough player reviews to convince me. Not looking good at this point :sad:.

13. Gorbles

Gorbles Load Balanced

Fun fact: every review made by someone who plays the game (journalist or otherwise) is a player's review.

14. Freesmog

Freesmog Skeptic1938222569

Good point. I had thought of that. Forum reviews would have been more accurate.

15. Eurik

Eurik Chieftain

When Sid Meier left the project Civlization lost its heart. That is how I experience it.

16. PhilBowles

PhilBowles Deity

That's not fair - Civ II was fine, it's just been downhill from there...

whyidie likes this.
  17. Eurik

Eurik Chieftain

It is how I experience it. You experience it differently. That doesn't make my experience unfair.

18. PhilBowles

PhilBowles Deity

It does however make one wonder why you're playing the games well over two decades after Sid Meier ceased to be actively involved in the series.

19. God of Kings

God of Kings Ruler of all heads of state

Only his name remains.

Thorvald of Lym likes this.
  20. GhostSalsa

GhostSalsa Emperor

I really think VI tried to stay loyal to the spirit of the series as a whole, and its original, to a fault. In that there are a lot of new ideas that are "board-gamey" and obtuse, i.e. retro, and a total whiff on innovating solutions to problems from the previous versions, and especially of asking where V and 1-upt needed to go to be better. Of course I'm grazing from my memories of the twitch vids before release and my own intuition of dev intent. But from release to today Civ VI has screamed to me "look I made a game Sid might have made" instead of "look I made the best, most fun game I could"

c4c6 likes this.