[NFP] Byzantium First Look

bite

Unofficial Civilization Cartographer
Super Moderator

2 unique units alert

upload_2020-9-17_17-4-0.png

Oof, Civ6 sales about to tank in Bulgaria. :p :D

Interesting. It's the first time I've heard of the Tagma. The most famous group of Tagma though were the Varangian Guard apparently so it's like they combined the Varangian Guard and Cataphract unit all into one.

Interesting. It's the first time I've heard of the Tagma. The most famous group of Tagma though were the Varangian Guard apparently so it's like they combined the Varangian Guard and Cataphract unit all into one.

That was my interpretation as well. The Dromon on the water, the Tagma to represent various special land units.

Edit: Apparently Basil's UA means "born in the purple."

Ah well, looks like I have to wait a bit longer for a Civ that really changes up the religion game. Was hoping they'd be a bit more religion-focused than that, as I don't play militarily very much. That said, the unique units are both pretty cool, and I do like the convert-and-conquer strategy the UA suggests.

The music is gorgeous though and easily my favourite thing about the Civ.

"You can't go back Constantinople... How do you lead Byzantium?" This funnier to me than it should be.

OK, I'll say it's meh. Interesting but not changing anything that much. I'll not play Byzantium, for sure.

But Basil II is GORGEOUS!

Top Bottom