1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[NFP] Byzantium & Gaul Developer Livestream Discussion

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Laurana Kanan, Sep 18, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Andrew Johnson [FXS]

Andrew Johnson [FXS] Warlord

You could! That would work, at least unless you grew too large.

nzcamel, conorbebe, Jkchart and 5 others like this.
  2. agonistes

agonistes wants his subs under ice!

Speaking for myself.... the yields I keep on so its easy to see where to settle or use a builder. You can city plan in between turns.

The tiles because it helps reduce misclicks. I firmly believe inefficiency is the major reason people cannot beat deity, and misclicks can be a considerable source of inefficiency. They can pile up.

shaglio, Kjimmet, Kmart_Elvis and 2 others like this.
  3. 8housesofelixir

8housesofelixir Emperor

Also, it seems Carl specially rushed the Pyramids in the Byzantium capital. He is also playing at Deity.

People at FXS do know how to "play" the game as an optimization/efficiency addict.

4. MrRadar

MrRadar Emperor

Well, those Gauls will be truly indomitable. Anchored, glued and stapled to the land they take. Until a stray nuke flies in :) Or, perhaps, loyalty wavers...

nzcamel likes this.
  5. bite

bite Unofficial Civilization Cartographer Moderator

Okay, I have updated the Features Thread with everything I saw in the livestream ... now I am going to get some sleep

Kjimmet, Kimiimaro, _ViKinG_ and 6 others like this.
  6. Wielki Hegemon

Wielki Hegemon King

Or Venice is on the path of Amsterdam and Antioch and soon will be in a Civ cities list. :mischief:

nzcamel, 679x, Josephias and 5 others like this.
  7. Jewelrunna

Jewelrunna Prince

Possibly, but if they were planning for an Italy/Venice in this DLC wave, they'd just change Antioch into something else.

I guess it's not necessarily off the table for a "Final Frontier" pass, if they decide to go that route.

nzcamel and blackcatatonic like this.
  8. Andrew Johnson [FXS]

Yes, but it would have to happen under very specific circumstances. And E might see her fortunes reverse in the next age.

conorbebe and Kjimmet like this.
  9. Nassim

Nassim Chieftain

Now my hometown is in Civ VI twice ! Woohoo !

679x, Hawke9, Kjimmet and 3 others like this.
  10. Depravo

Depravo Siring Bastards

The Taj Mahal will jump from a meh wonder to a must build if playing with the new ages feature.

nzcamel, 679x, conorbebe and 10 others like this.
  11. SeelingCat

SeelingCat Warlord

Sort of a random thought, but I'm intrigued by the convo in the video around the pronunciation of Hippodrome with the non-silent 'e'. They said that it was the more correct Greek version, but as far as I can tell neither the Ancient (ἱππόδρομος/Hippodromos) nor Modern (ιπποδρόμιο/Ippodromio) Greek word for it would be pronounced with that sound at the end...

12. Andrew Johnson [FXS]

I brought that up. I do not speak any kind of Greek; we had some feedback from a Byzantine historian about pronunciations, and I think Sarah had done some research for her video. If indeed we were wrong there, it's 100% my fault.

agonistes, Sostratus, 679x and 5 others like this.
  13. Haig

Haig Deity

I think of it like how, say, German Empire and Austria attack Belgium and Serbia, and then other nations start to get nervous and send message to Kaiser Vilhelm how they don't like it. I think it's good that in later eras warmongering empires don't have many friends.

679x, Bonci, Josephias and 3 others like this.
  14. Guynemer

Guynemer King

If that's the case, then I think you need to spill the beans on your REDACTED comment before.

I mean, fair's fair.

:mischief:

Pfeffersack, Timothy001, 679x and 6 others like this.
  15. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

You're not denounced because you've caused grievances to someone in that case, you're denounced because you're a warmonger.

And the message should say so.

nzcamel and 8housesofelixir like this.
  16. CoconutTank

CoconutTank Unapologetic Warmonger Supporter

Well, glad to see that Statue of Zeus' free units is always a set amount and doesn't scale by current fielded units, so it's consistent and not weird like Civ 5's Terracotta Army :) Furthermore it looks like the production cost of the awarded units is higher than the production cost for the SoZ, so if one wanted all those units then SoZ is totally worth it.

Statue of Zeus = 268 production (taken from the given picture)
    actually most likely 400 production base, then there's also encampment district cost and 90 production for the rax

3 archers = 60 * 3 = 180 production
    3 spearmen = 65 * 3 = 195 production
    1 battering ram = 65 production

Production sum of previous units = 180 + 195 + 65 = 440 production

Edit: Even w/out spearmen included, the total production cost of the archers and the battering ram is 245, which still makes SoZ a really good deal.
    Edit2: math is hard :(
    Edit3: knowing how to game is harder :( See @DogeEnricoDandolo's response below.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
    nzcamel, Myomoto, Datgingah and 3 others like this.
  17. DogeEnricoDandolo

DogeEnricoDandolo Prince

You just compared between a Quick speed Wonder cost vs. Standard speed Unit cost. The Wonder will cost 400 Production, and that does not even count Encampment + Barracks cost. If you count the requirement as well, this Wonder will seem like a long term investment in anticav, since the Wonder's cost exceeds (by quite a lot) that of the free units it gives.

nzcamel, Myomoto, Avenger237 and 2 others like this.
  18. CoconutTank

CoconutTank Unapologetic Warmonger Supporter

Ah, my bad. I didn't realize that the production cost in the picture was shifted by game speed, thanks for the correction.

400 production does seem more reasonable sadly. And yeah I didn't include the cost of an Encampment + Barracks. That'd be an additional 90 for the rax and however much modified for the Encampment. Feeling a little more ambivalent about Statue of Zeus now...

19. DogeEnricoDandolo

DogeEnricoDandolo Prince

To be fair, I didn't realize the tooltip would change the Production cost cuz I always play on Standard, but I know on Standard speed, Wonder costs have to end in 0, so it doesn't make sense this one ends in 8.

CoconutTank likes this.
  20. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am.

Oppidum tooltip

Statue of Zeus movie completion & quote

Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
    Pfeffersack, Sostratus, 679x and 7 others like this.