Byzantium ultimate religion

MasterElements

Chieftain
I tried the search function for some Byzantium threads but none of them seemed to mention this but has anyone ever gotten the further spread religion enchancer with the faster religion spread as a bonus? I did it once on a pangea map and seriously! My religion(Literally that is what I named it) stamped out EVERY OTHER RELIGION the AI had to use Great Prophets just to keep their religion in their capital let alone their other cities. No missionaries needed, at the time I was going for a cultural victory so I choose the culture per 5 foreign people and I had over 200+ just from religion alone before Germany attritioned me with great war infantry.

If you mean Itinerant Preachers + Religious Texts, yes, many have done it. It can result in your religion spreading like wildfire, but you still end up with 1 founder belief (maybe tithe, or whatever, but only one founder belief) and two follower beliefs that every other civ on the map gets to use (since you spread your religion to them). Superspread is great, but you sacrificed the opportunity to get double benefits from your spread.

More interesting to me are times when I take a second founder belief (e.g., Tithe, for later game gold, and Initiation Rites for upfront 100 gold per conversion -- the two yield crazy amounts of gold, focused on different stages of the game), to go with two followers and one passive spread enhancer.

Initiation rites always seemed bad to me cause it was a bunch of gold up front but only once, I like long term a lot better and while only having one founder belief can be seen as bad I see it as focused. And for follower beliefs, you can effect HUGELY the game with those. Imagine spreading faith healers around the entire map, war would be SUPER hard to do with just that one belief everywhere.

If you mean Itinerant Preachers + Religious Texts, yes, many have done it. It can result in your religion spreading like wildfire, but you still end up with 1 founder belief (maybe tithe, or whatever, but only one founder belief) and two follower beliefs that every other civ on the map gets to use (since you spread your religion to them). Superspread is great, but you sacrificed the opportunity to get double benefits from your spread.

More interesting to me are times when I take a second founder belief (e.g., Tithe, for later game gold, and Initiation Rites for upfront 100 gold per conversion -- the two yield crazy amounts of gold, focused on different stages of the game), to go with two followers and one passive spread enhancer.

What sort of game did you go on to play?

Oh, I've played so many I can't recall specifically (haven't played Byz in ages--thinking about trying her in BNW), but probably domination. Depending on faith generation I might have taken Holy Warriors, which I do like. Get Holy Warriors with oodles of faith, and Big Ben and Mercantilism to go with the gold, and you can roll up any map.

Byzantium Piety start in BNW I can imagine being INSANE

Top Bottom