C-5 Galaxy Model

Raslin

Chieftain
In response to a request in the unit request thread, I have modeled a C-5 Galaxy. It is 1228 poly's, and all it is so far is the model. I don't know how to texture, nor get it into the game, so I offer it here, for anybody to finish up if they wish. All I ask is to recieve credit for the model.

Its not the most beautiful model ever, but luckily, the worst part is the engines, which are under the wings and small, so it should be pretty hard to see the details. Skinning should help alot.

Attachments

• C-5 Galaxy.zip
    33.5 KB · Views: 250
nice model :)

Here is the .3ds for the model...

Attachments

• C-5 Galaxy.zip
    14.6 KB · Views: 291
Well... Good for the first try. But not good for the game.
Bad:
1) Too many polys in the tail.
2) Too many polys in the wings.
3) Wrong model direction.
4) Too many unwelded vertices.
Good:
1) Hull.
2) Engines.
Learn how to use Mirror tool in Copy and Reference modes.
I will rework your model and post here later.

ArdRaeiss said:
Well... Good for the first try. But not good for the game.
Bad:
1) Too many polys in the tail.
2) Too many polys in the wings.
3) Wrong model direction.
4) Too many unwelded vertices.
Good:
1) Hull.
2) Engines.
Learn how to use Mirror tool in Copy and Reference modes.
I will rework your model and post here later.

The thing is, I'm used to modeling for FPS's, mostly bf1942/bf2. So it seemed to me that the wings needed at least 8 sides, so they weren't completely flat. Maybe thats ok in civ 4 though, seeing with textures and a small model, it would be hard to tell?

Model direction, I don't really understand what you mean by that. I don't have it set up to be put in the gme, I don't know about any of that.

Unwelded verticies, defidentally. It was late, I was feeling a little burned out, and I figured that the poly count wasn't too bad, so I'd put it out for people. I realize thats a bit lazy though, and fully take criticism for it.

I'm used to modeling for FPS's
My first models was made for RedAlert2 and C&C:Generals. :) Tanks and ships.

Modified C-5. 812 polys. Download attached .zip with 3ds and examine differences. This is "how i see" this model. Ready to unwrapping and texturing.

Additional teaser: upcoming WW2 torpedo-bomber TBF Avenger, 900 poly, texture made from scratch except glass parts(copied from Rise of Nations B-25 texture).

Today - animating and finishing.

Attachments

• C-5 Galaxy_mod.zip
    6.5 KB · Views: 155
ArdRaeiss said:
My first models was made for RedAlert2 and C&C:Generals. :) Tanks and ships.

Modified C-5. 812 polys. Download attached .zip with 3ds and examine differences. This is "how i see" this model. Ready to unwrapping and texturing.

Additional teaser: upcoming WW2 torpedo-bomber TBF Avenger, 900 poly, texture made from scratch except glass parts(copied from Rise of Nations B-25 texture).

Today - animating and finishing.

I think you've done a great service to this C-5 galaxy, and can only hope somebody will finish it up and get it ingame :p

I would work on this one, if only I could open the file. It was made w/ 3ds Max 8, and I only have 7. For some reason files made in 8 can't be openned in 7.

Would someone please convert it to blender so I can make this unit work ingame

I would be happy to skin for it, if you got me blank texture maps assigned for it, with the model so i can view and edit textures as I go. USed to reskin for Star Fleet Command games. Though I warn my textures tend to be high resolution

Top Bottom