C code help request

Genghis_Kai

GEM modder
I am wondering if someone can do me a favor for the following issues:

1) Make a 50 civ and a 60 civ version for the latest dll. I want to test and if 50 or even 60 doesn't degrade performance that much, I would like to make it as GEM's default. Imagine having Switerland and Ireland being playable in the 1940 scenario! :D

2) Make Minor Nation peaceful (i.e. not start to be at war with everyone). I've spent the last two nights to see whether I can do this in XML or python's level without success. I think this has to be hard-coded (Hence, I need help :eek:)

I am wondering if someone can do me a favor for the following issues:

1) Make a 50 civ and a 60 civ version for the latest dll. I want to test and if 50 or even 60 doesn't degrade performance that much, I would like to make it as GEM's default.

Great idea!

Its not difficult at all you can do that by only changing one variable (MAX_CIV_PLAYER) in CvDefines.h.
Here you have tutorial for installing correctly VC express 2005 if you need, and here the latest make file for 3.17. Its really fast to do.

Armand.

Its not difficult at all you can do that by only changing one variable (MAX_CIV_PLAYER) in CvDefines.h.
Here you have tutorial for installing correctly VC express 2005 if you need, and here the latest make file for 3.17. Its really fast to do.

Armand.

Thanks Armand. However, I did try before working on the SDK but wasn't success. Would you mind to do that for me?

I now have got different versions of the dll already (48, 50 and 60 civs). Thanks Ace of Spades and the Better AI mod team :goodjob: I will try adding more civs to the 1940 scenario first to see if there is any significant performance degradation.

What you should be aware of is that it will probably lead to a high number of colonies created, taking up the free slots. Too bad that cannot (to my knowledge) be disabled manually, but expect weird civilizations to show up in the scenarios in weird places... like Iraq in Australia and the like.

Best Regards,
Martin

I now have got different versions of the dll already (48, 50 and 60 civs). Thanks Ace of Spades and the Better AI mod team :goodjob: I will try adding more civs to the 1940 scenario first to see if there is any significant performance degradation.

Genghis,

That's great!
Any chance you can upload the 48 civs dll?
I'd like to download it and test a few things on my mod as well, and perhaps add 2-3 civs.

Thanks.

Top Bottom