1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

C2C Future Plans

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Caveman 2 Cosmos' started by pepper2000, Nov 15, 2017 at 1:35 AM.

1. pepper2000

pepper2000 Chieftain

Hi all. I'd like to take some time to talk about some of my thinking about future modding (both for the future eras and for the mod's future). It looks like I have another busy patch coming up with work and marriage, so I might not be able to make any new updates over the next couple months aside from bug fixing. So, here are some of the things on my to-do list, and I would be interested in any feedback.

In my most recent update, I set up a new Titanic map category, which is something I have wanted to do for a long time. The Nanotech Era opens up Cislunar Space, the Moon, Mars, and Venus. Titan might be particularly important in the far future, so unlike other outer solar system targets, I want Titan to have its own dedicated building tree. However, there is not much there and it isn't organized at all yet. So one major project is to bring Titan up to about the level of development that Venus is now.

I also opened up a line of buildings on the "Distant" map category. This refers to parts of the universe that are beyond the cosmic horizon, though not hyperspace. The whole Transcendent Era still feels like a mess. There are a bunch of assorted Clarketech sorts of things there, but the buildings lines in Hyperspace are still kind of a big jumble of ideas. Setting up Distant colonies was meant to sort that out a bit, but I still think we need a better vision of how that era will flow.

The Galactic colonies are getting a bit overloaded. In the most recent update I moved some of the material on the Plasma map category to Interstellar. There is also a Milky Way map category. The Milky Way and Plasma lines are mostly the same, though there are a few buildings that are unique to each. There are a handful of buildings in the early Galactic Era that are common to Interstellar and Plasma, but after Interstellar Colonization the two lines diverge. Still, the whole system is also a mess there and needs to be organized a bit, and probably a few things cut.

There are a few gaps in the tech tree I would like to plug. I know it's pretty full, but I think the following techs should be added. For each of them, I have a few ideas of content to add there or move from other techs.

Statistics
    Telephone
    Incandescent Lighting
    Scientific Management
    Abstract Mathematics
    Computer Science
    Postmodernism
    Chaos Theory
    Computational Sociology
    Industrial Ecology
    Autonomous Vehicles (would replace the existing Automated Traffic tech, which in turn would be moved and repurposed)
    Jovian Terraforming

2. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Chieftain

I agree with all those techs. I have want Statistics for awhile, mostly because it is essential for the"cure" for cholera. I can't express how important Postmodernism is as art, philosophy and political philosophy - I tried three times before giving up here. :lol:

3. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

So long as where the techs go is rational and there's good game cause and material to include them then I'm all for it. I really like the idea of including the telephone. Seems funny it hasn't been given its own tech yet anyhow.

4. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

Those sound cool but could you break them down into required techs, techs that will require them and of course their location on the tech tree? Seems like this should have been in the tech tree thread rather than a new topic.

Tech Tree Discussion
    https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/tech-tree-discussion.459006/

Example ...

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017 at 1:34 PM
  5. pepper2000

pepper2000 Chieftain

Ah yes, I will do that. But I need to work out the specifics first.