C2C: Maps & Scenarios

DRJ

Hedonist
Hi Guys! I thought we could open a Map-Thread, specially containing C2C compatible Maps & Scenarios.

EDIT 02/25/2012

...since now GEM is up to date again! I revisited and placed some new stuff like mango, papaya, melon, tweaked inca and australian starting location slightly, changed the Andes and Mexicos highlands "tundra" terrain into "rocky" terrain (looks much better now), added the great swamps of Brest Litowsk, gave Japan tea and bronze, bronze as well to Korea, added some platinum, titanium, 2 more Mammoth sources (1 on remote island near Kamchatka [where the youngest fossils of Mammoth were found), +1 more in northern Canada), put some more walrus in, added figs, almonds, coconuts, some cactus and last but not least I gifted some hemp to Jamaica :D

What I haven't done yet is to change sea terrains to arctic, normal and tropical...

Enjoy! (unzip into .../caveman2cosmos/private maps)

-------------------------------------------------------------------
older GEM with some missing res still here:

EDIT 02/05/2012

Latest Gigantic EARTH MAP with most of the new resources (4 or so missing), will be updated here if new version is out:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=311855&d=1327345107

Historical SCENARIOS for C2C:

None yet, help the community - create one :)

@DRJ

Could you make an Earth map with at least one of each of the 6 types of cultures represented on the map?

1. African
- Carthaginian
- Egyptian
- Ethiopian
- Malinese
- Zulu

2. American
- American
- Aztec
- Incan
- Iroquois
- Mayan

3. Asian
- Chinese
- Indian
- Japanese
- Khmer
- Korean
- Mongolian
- Siamese

4. European
- Celtic
- Dutch
- English
- French
- German
- Greek
- Holy Roman
- Portuguese
- Roman
- Russian
- Spanish
- Viking

5. Middle Eastern
- Arabian
- Assyrian
- Babylonian
- Byzantine
- Hittite
- Ottoman
- Persian
- Sumerian

6. Oceanian
- Australia

This way you will potentially be able to get any of the cultural buildings.

Thanks in advance! :D

How would I advance the time period to classical and add additional civs to the first scenario listed here?

@DRJ

Could you make an Earth map with at least one of each of the 6 types of cultures represented on the map?

Thanks in advance! :D

I'd really like to help you but since v15 I can't load standard maps anymore (C2C_perfectworld: tiny/RoM_XXX: small). I played ron's standard earth in all versions before without probs. I wrote a little more about this in the "Can't start a game" thread but there was no response by you developers as why this is... :/ Can there be a lite version maybe without new graphics? As cute as they are...

How would I advance the time period to classical and add additional civs to the first scenario listed here?

Load ron's standard earth3 in worldbuilder, edit each civ (techlevel/starting units), save and maybe edit the beyondthesword.savefile a bit with notepad. It's quite some work so expect a few hours to get into the groove and make a fine tune ;-)

Do we have a Map Script person helping out with C2C?

I've been using the Planet Generator script lately and quite like it. Don't know Python though to edit it myself. :blush:

I've been using the Planet Generator script lately and quite like it. Don't know Python though to edit it myself. :blush:

No we dont, only a python or C++ person can do this kind of work, and they are burdened with better stuff to do at the moment.

I can and have done some changes to C2C_Perfect_World. Plus a couple of post map scripts, Kathy's "Goodie islands" and the placement of the seal and walrus resources.

I can and have done some changes to C2C_Perfect_World. Plus a couple of post map scripts, Kathy's "Goodie islands" and the placement of the seal and walrus resources.

Ah ok. Well that's cool. But SO is right about you being busy with a lot of stuff. But glad we at least have PW that includes all the newest stuff! :goodjob:

I would highly recommend someone taking charge of keeping an updated version of the perfectworld 2 script and also the GEM (Giant Earth) Map with updated resources and features. I enjoy both very much. Maybe someone could start a thread for each one.

I just updated my modded GEM with placed civs, see my above post. I would like to mod it further, but I am having trouble finding resources that tell me where things like prime timber, rabbits, and seals were IRL.

Seals and Sea Lions
- South Africa
- California
- Alaska
- Japan
- Galapagos
- Chile
- South West Australia
- New Zealand
- Antarctica
- Netherlands
- Northern Canada
- Northern Russia
- Greenland

Walrus
- Alaska
- Greenland
- Northern Russia
- Northern Canada

Rabbits
Anywhere i suppose, however there were no native rabbits in Australia however when people came there sure were a lot. So I guess anywhere and everywhere.

Prime Timber
Besides the Pacific Northwest for the Redwood Forests I have no idea. Russia maybe? There are a lot of places I suppose.

Seals and Sea Lions
- South Africa
- California
- Alaska
- Japan
- Galapagos
- Chile
- South West Australia
- New Zealand
- Antarctica
- Netherlands
- Northern Canada
- Northern Russia
- Greenland

Walrus
- Alaska
- Greenland
- Northern Russia
- Northern Canada

Rabbits
Anywhere i suppose, however there were no native rabbits in Australia however when people came there sure were a lot. So I guess anywhere and everywhere.

Prime Timber
Besides the Pacific Northwest for the Redwood Forests I have no idea. Russia maybe? There are a lot of places I suppose.

Northern europe has lots of seals also. South American rain forests would certainly have prime timber as would parts of central Africa.

Maybe someone could look up some online atlases for resource placement.
I vote we set up a giant earth map thread - so that the community could work on resource placement.
We should also have a perfectworld 2/3 mapscript thread for those who love the random generation and want new resources placed.

Get this error on the most recent Perfectworld2f:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "<string>", line 1, in ?

File "<string>", line 35, in load_module

File "<string>", line 13, in _get_code

IndentationError: unindent does not match any outer indentation level (C2C_PerfectWorld2f, line 5776)
Failed to load python module C2C_PerfectWorld2f.
ERR: Call function isAdvancedMap failed. Can't find module C2C_PerfectWorld2f

EDIT: All you need to do is move the if column there in that line over 1 to the right, and it works.

What (if there is one) is the best Earth map (at least Giant) for C2C, and does it have all the latest resources?

Edit - and are any of them area-preserving projections (so not Mercator)? That seems much more suitable for a realistic game.

What (if there is one) is the best Earth map (at least Giant) for C2C, and does it have all the latest resources?

Edit - and are any of them area-preserving projections (so not Mercator)? That seems much more suitable for a realistic game.

I only know of one project that tried to do an area preserving map but it was considered unplayable because Europe was to small.

Top Bottom