1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

C2C Mongoose is it Ok ?

Discussion in 'Maps & Scenarios' started by Enchanteur, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Enchanteur

Enchanteur Warlord

When starting my game, I choosed that because I was not sure to what to choose (now, I think I should have choose PerfectWorld, or map fully supported).
    Is there any issue with Mongoose map ? Or compatibility problems ?

I would like choose 3 planets also, but as I was really not sure at all, I didnt. Is it playable with C2C ?
    Futures eras can work without it ?

As all the map are named C2C_MapName, I was thinking all these maps was ok.

2. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Mongoose map is a good map. I like to play it with Start Everywhere. Makes for a more interesting map.

3. Grassland Farm

Grassland Farm Warlord

I really like the climates PerfectMongoose outputs, but I'm the kind of player that really wants an empty New World, with an ocean between and no way to get here by just using the coast and cultural borders... And it's really hard to get this to work.

if I set the sea level to medium, I get snaky, thin strands of land, archipelago-style, there's usually a new world but small and tiny. If I set the sea level to low, the result is better, but sometimes there's a coastal connection to the new world, or I end up starting in the northernmost part of the map, with Tundra everywhere... It's infuriating!

I've been tinkering with perfectmongoose, perfectworld, planetgenerator... So much that I'm having a hard time remembering what's my grief with each of them!

Basically what I'd want is what Terra does (a large old world, earth-like, completely separated by another large new world) - But Terra doesn't give the pretty realistic climates of PerfectMongoose...

Can anybody help me out?

4. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

Have you tested my World mapscript, it has a climate system similar to PM, and is a bit better at separating new world and old world.
    It is a bit more random in nature so results can vary widely from one map generation to the next.

5. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

We have a SEM (small earth map) and a LEM (large earth map) by Harrier. But the mapmaker that used to do the HEM and GEM no longer does any map making. All C2C maps listed have terrain that is not in most "other" maps used by BtS and other mods.

Perhaps you should look at the Scenario sub forum and in particular the UEM made by Pit2015.

6. Grassland Farm

Grassland Farm Warlord

But I like to keep some random-generation factor in my games!
    Anyway, I'm currently playing with UEM.

I'll look into it right away!