C2C - Religions discussions and ideas

Neither have I.

edit It is in Thunderbrd's text file so he may knoy.

I saw it occasionally when I played with the option that allows bonus only from one religion, I think when switching state religion or having a civic with no state religion.

But I also saw it sometimes with seemingly no reason at all... and the temples got active again on the next turn.

What is this frown about stuff, all about?/ never seen it before??

It's part of the Religious Disabling option which makes most religious buildings mostly inactive when their religion is not the state religions.

If you didn't turn this option on then the problem is explained in my last bugs and crashes post regarding what adjustments were recently made to the options structure that need to be reversed.

What is this frown about stuff, all about?/ never seen it before??

Do you have Religious Decay Option on now? (really don't like that option but others apparently do) :p

Edit: And what T-brd just posted. :p :p

JosEPh

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cult_of_the_Supreme_Being

This would be a cool option.

The French Revolution had given birth to many radical changes in France, but one of the most fundamental for the hitherto Catholic nation was the official rejection of religion. The first major organized school of thought emerged under the umbrella name of the Cult of Reason. Advocated by radicals like Jacques Hébert and Antoine-François Momoro, the Cult of Reason distilled a mixture of largely atheistic views into an anthropocentric philosophy. No gods at all were worshiped in the Cult – the guiding principle was devotion to the abstract conception of Reason.[3]

This rejection of all divinity appalled the rectitudinous Robespierre. Its offense was compounded by the "scandalous scenes" and "wild masquerades" attributed to its practice.[4] In late 1793, Robespierre delivered a fiery denunciation of the Cult and its proponents[5] and proceeded to give his own vision of proper Revolutionary religion. Devised almost entirely by Robespierre, Le culte de l'Être suprême was formally announced before the French National Convention on 7 May 1794.[6]

Inscription on the cathedral of Clermont-Ferrand, saying: "The French people recognize the Supreme Being and the immortality of the soul".
Religious tenets[edit]

Robespierre believed that reason is only a means to an end, and the singular end is virtue. He sought to move beyond simple deism (often described as Voltairean by its adherents) to a new and, in his view, more rational devotion to the Godhead. The primary principles of the Cult of the Supreme Being were a belief in the existence of a god and the immortality of the human soul.[7] Though not inconsistent with Christian doctrine, these beliefs were put to the service of Robespierre's fuller meaning, which was of a type of civic-minded, public virtue he attributed to the Greeks and Romans.[8] This type of virtue could only be attained through active fidelity to liberty and democracy.[9] Belief in a living god and a higher moral code, he said, were "constant reminders of justice" and thus essential to a republican society

Cities are STILL building waaay to many missionaries (pic1) and it needs to build more fighters rather than these???

32 - missionaries
3 - inquisitors
1 healer
1 townwatchman
1 warlord

A byproduct of your Set up Options SO. If you have Inquisitions On and Religious Victory On then this is what you will see. That city is waiting for more cities (friend or foe) to be purged so it can flood those cities with it's Religion. But Civics and the Use of Fixed Borders can hinder this and cause the Missionaries to stall.

There are many Set up Options that should not be used together Or are nullified by the Civics we now have in the mod. When the Civics were built Set Up Options were mostly ignored instead of studied for what those Options allow or restrict.

JosEPh

A byproduct of your Set up Options SO. If you have Inquisitions On and Religious Victory On then this is what you will see. That city is waiting for more cities (friend or foe) to be purged so it can flood those cities with it's Religion. But Civics and the Use of Fixed Borders can hinder this and cause the Missionaries to stall.

There are many Set up Options that should not be used together Or are nullified by the Civics we now have in the mod. When the Civics were built Set Up Options were mostly ignored instead of studied for what those Options allow or restrict.

JosEPh

So NO more Mastery Victory then??

I stopped using it Long long time ago. It's basically overkill and imho has many untested ramifications to other set up options.

JosEPh

I Think I saw the option to choose to be atheists or have a atheist state at some point when I played this mod but I forget where I saw that and I havent played this mod in awhile despite never finnishing a game in this mod and getting past the middle ages. If there is not an option to have no religion in this mod when you get to the modern age or beyond then can you make one, thanks.

Atheist is a religion choice in the mod. And there are other options in the mod to decrease the presence of religion in the later game. So no real need for redundant options.

JosEPh

Well the main difference of Atheism and other religions in that they don't have holy buildings. That's one reason why it makes more sense as civic change than adding another religion. Which is why Atheism civic gives penalties for having any holy buildings from other religions. That's not to say atheist could not still exist in the other civics (ok maybe not Intolerant), but their impact upon the game is not there since they have no holy buildings.

Just to be clear I am talking strictly from a game impact point of view.

i disagree that atheism should be chosen as a "religion" in the game. atheism I suspect was a term that was created bye Christians to say that atheists were religious and that atheism is a religion. this is not true about atheists. atheists do not follow any religion or have churches, temples. mosks, ect... making atheism a religion is ridiculous, atheists will not ever be religious like being balled is hair color. I suggest you have a option to choose to not have religion in the future eras for your civ and to put atheism in another category instiad of the religions in the game.

Atheist has always been a civic in C2C.

The problem is that we don't represent the non-theist religions well. Those religions that say there may be a divine entity but that is not important because we can't interact with said entity all we can do is show how "good" we are via our actions here on Earth. Many "ancestor" religions where your ancestors intercede with the divine on your behalf demonstrate this sort of non-theism. Modern atheism sometimes appears as non-theist also.

I'm still a strong proponent of removing Atheism as a civic and including it, instead, as a religion (as choosing to believe in nothing is still a choice among the selection of religious choices.) This will become more apparent why when the Ideas project manifests further.

@DH: Such non-theist belief systems would be rather interesting to spend more time studying I'd think. Even the Hindus believe that the Brahman really isn't a deity with any given opinion and can't even really be interacted with without the Atman being the interact-able 'face' of the Brahman (thus being the God Atman-Brahman.) (True Hindus feel free to contradict me if my readings have taught me incorrectly on this in any way.) I found this outlook rather intriguing as the sum total of all that is and is not in the omniverse must really have very little in the way of 'personal' motive except perhaps to stretch the imagination further and further to find more and more to manifest.

Top Bottom