1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

C2C - Subdued Barbarians

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Caveman 2 Cosmos' started by Hydromancerx, Oct 27, 2011.

1. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

The concept is a hybrid of subdued animals and wonder civs. Rather than having your city location determine if you can build a barbarian unit would determine it. Each culture would have their own "wild" unit that would be their unique unit. Once subdued they would be able to build their civ's culture building. This in turn would allow you to produce their units like normal.

The question is should we go this route? Should we change them all or only some? Which ones? How should we deal with units who only come about in later eras if there are no "wild" areas to get them? Should we stick to only "barbarian" civs like Huns or Mongols?

Please give feedback on what you think of this.

2. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

Seems to me that this would be better done as part of the whole slavery system. Freed slaves (and to a much lesser extent non-freed ones) should bring elemnts of their original culture with them.

3. EldrinFal

EldrinFal Chieftain

I think the Culture Civ system now as it relates to founding based on resources/terrain/features is actually pretty good. So I wouldn't want to see it COMPLETELY revamped. (Although I AM in favor of making them World Wonders since I think it's silly for Greek Civilization to "spring up" in separate parts of the world.) :mischief:

BUT... if you're talking about a Culture UNIQUE to the barbarian units (a small handful) that require capture/slavery/taming, then that WOULD be pretty cool. :) Keep the culture stuff we have now, but add those few new ones (or maybe convert 1 or 2).

4. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd Chieftain

As a way of introducing SOME remote barb cultures, that might be an interesting concept to have some slaves at random provide that ability (but then we'd have a finite # of slaves that could do this so that might make for some difficulties once the game has assigned them all and has resulted in another one spawning...)

I'm still working out details on the previous culture concept too... that's not been dropped and is on the immediate radar.

5. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

So whats going on with did idea, as of late?

6. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

I think the consensus was that, while not a horrible idea its not a good idea for cultures. Unless its for specifically a barbarian culture (similar to Civ5).

7. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Chieftain

Yea, if we go the WLBO route and move slavery into another civic then things become interesting....;)