C2C SVN Changelog

• Changed the resource greed quest to:
    • exclude national units and heroes as possible rewards.
    • let Sulphur and Elephant be possible resources that the quest can revolve around.
    • have all the resources be equally as likely to be picked for the quest, it was heavily biased towards Iron.

• A very complete fix for overflows on Gold values. Would be very unlikely to overflow ever now. But there may be other elements overflowing at this point so I will now address them as they come up since I'm not sure what would need it now and what wouldn't.
EDIT: previous numbering was a typo.

Last edited:
  • Adjusts the display text on the trade screen when hovering over bonuses so that it shows BOTH how much YOU have of that resource AND how much the other player has of that resource.

• Attempts to fix the crashes and odd problems with the game perceiving players as having no gold that were created by the last few commits. There are still some things to resolve but nothing so critical now.
  • Completes the fix for the trade screen bonus trade string. It now shows what you have AND what they have and labels these statements appropriately.

Last edited:
  • Corrects costs and prereqs for druidism
  • Fixes the added 0 on gold total displays
  • Corrects a problem in promotion validation rules adjusted recently with the wrong function call which created a potential infinite loop that was responsible for many non-repeatable and repeatable crashes alike.
  • Adds functionality of making a particular unit type request through the contract broker AI system.
  • Adds functionality in the broker AI to help get a count of units already responding to a call and ones already existing at the calling destination.
  • Adds functionality to determinations of the best unit to train for a particular AI role where we can now say to filter out units with negatively impacting property manipulators.
  • Applies all these fixes to the UNITAI_SEE_INVISIBLE and UNITAI_SEE_INVISIBLE_SEA Unit AI systems.
  • Caches best unit determinations for the above See Invisible AI's to eliminate long redundant evaluations - may speed up some turns a small bit.
Got a lot done today. Most of the crashes being reported should be corrected by this commit. There could be some other issues and I'm sure there are but at least the obvious ones have been resolved and all the repeatable crashes have been tested to be able to now get to the next round.

This also, in laymans terms, should fix at least one of the major causes for the huge crime collapses we've seen the most developed nations experiencing after a certain point in the game. The improvements to AI cannot be understated with this commit. Not to say there isn't still a lot left to improve on, especially due to the insights that evaluations of this problem have unveiled.

But games should be able to go a bit farther now without a total meltdown at least. Probably isn't going to be quick to fix those in the middle of one though.

• Resolves numerous issues with Law Enforcement unit and building upgrade chains that were keeping LE units from being trainable at key junctures. This had been creating problems for players but was devastating for the AI at times.

More Info Here

This is a part II in the attack on the crime collapse issue for the AI.

• Corrects the cost of gold hurrying production
  • Fixes splitting of higher quality units so all maintain the quality upgrade after the split

• Some adjustments in the code for Toffer's UI project.
  • Significant AI improvements to Investigator and Infiltrator AIs inspired by the work done to improve See Invisible AIs.
  • Adds new promotion and unitcombat tag: iNoDefensiveBonusChange. Allows us to have UnitCombats and Promotions change whether a unit has or doesn't have the No Defense Bonuses penalty.
  • Corrects a display bug in FreePromotion tags in BuildingInfos.
  • Some changes for Toffer's benefit.
  • Trade mission results now do vary by the distance from the city of origin of the unit and the city the mission was enacted in.

Last edited:
  • Should correct the bugs the last commit introduced which range from crashes to missing missions on units.
  • Another attempt at a bugfix

Last edited:
  • Adds the rest of the era gateway techs from Information Lifestyle through Transcendent Lifestyle. (will do recordings for quotes as soon as I can get a functional microphone again.)
  • Gives a free technology for the first to achieve each of all gateway technologies.
  • Adjusts education effect buildings and makes them unlock a new layer at all gateway techs.
  • Spreads out tourism levels across gateway technologies.
  • Added text to all TBD denoted technology texts.
  • Fixes a few schema errors. The XML validator now runs clean on all core XML.

I have also updated The Education Chart Aside from adding a few layers, it also changes the progression on birth rates to something more noticeable.(10% each level)

I updated The Tech Sheet as well, though I only updated with my changes. If any others have been made that I'm not aware of it could be a little out of date but so far I didn't see any.

• Reset all GS iHurryPercent, iUnitHurryPercent, and iHurryConscriptAngerPercent values to default settings. All GS have same default values. No scaling.

• Fixes the tech tree crash reported since my last commit.

This was messed up y'all! The tech Ion Propulsion is actually called TECH_INTERSTELLAR_TRAVEL while the Interstellar Travel tech (which comes right after Galactic Lifestyle and thus needed to take that as a prerequisite) is actually called TECH_INTERSTELLAR_VOYAGE.

I don't care who you are, you're probably going to walk right into that! So frustrating. And again, the one thing I think I probably should test but didn't take the time to do so is the one thing that would've told me there was a problem.

Sorry for that. Seems everything I do lately takes a little debugging after commit. I'll try to clean that up a bit better.

Sorry about that. When I went to create the Interstellar Travel tech and found that TECH_INTERSTELLAR_TRAVEL was in use, I came up with this decidedly suboptimal solution. I saw that when it comes time for the next breaking of saved games, we want to change all the tags to match names, which would be very welcome.

• 10% Increase to research rates for Marathon thru Eternity GS.

Top Bottom