C2C Turning off future eras?

Dr.Zoolocke

Chieftain
Is there a way to edit the XML or Python files to stop technology advancement pass the modern era?

Yes and no. There is leftover code from RoM/AND to do that. However since the Galactic Era was added if you unchecked that it will cause weird things to happen since it more or less will deactivate the Trans-Human Era but leave the Galactic Era. In short its hidden now and probably should be taken all the way out.

Yes and no. There is leftover code from RoM/AND to do that. However since the Galactic Era was added if you unchecked that it will cause weird things to happen since it more or less will deactivate the Trans-Human Era but leave the Galactic Era. In short its hidden now and probably should be taken all the way out.

Isn't there a way to edit the XML to limit techs to only be researchable up until the modern era?

Isn't there a way to edit the XML to limit techs to only be researchable up until the modern era?

Yes, but it is not simple. In fact if I understand it correctly, it is almost as hard as making a mod, because you have to edit all the XML to remove references to the techs you are removing.

Your not the first to express dislike of the future eras in this mod or its predecessor, Rise of Mankind.

I just don't understand your opinion. Your entitled to it of coarse, I just don't get how people could dislike robots or spaceships. I think its cool the game keeps going past the modern age.

My only issue with the future eras is the silly Transformers/Star Wars esque walking robot armies lifted from Next War. Give me a Landkreuzer p.1500 or a Mammoth Tank anyday for the armored divisions of 2100.

Your not the first to express dislike of the future eras in this mod or its predecessor, Rise of Mankind.

I just don't understand your opinion. Your entitled to it of coarse, I just don't get how people could dislike robots or spaceships. I think its cool the game keeps going past the modern age.

I don't get you people.

and i dont like the galactic era in civ 4 and its mods . because most of the time they have ugly units with ugly big guns or ugly robots.
some notes .
the later in the future you go firearms will still be small and not big things like it is in the mod now.
also even in the long future human soldiers will not be replaced with machines or robots because it will be costly . also it is not nise all the other eras to use humans and suddenly you use big ugly robots

and i dont like the galactic era in civ 4 and its mods . because most of the time they have ugly units with ugly big guns or ugly robots.
some notes .
the later in the future you go firearms will still be small and not big things like it is in the mod now.
also even in the long future human soldiers will not be replaced with machines or robots because it will be costly . also it is not nise all the other eras to use humans and suddenly you use big ugly robots

Robots and mechs would be a part of it just like there would be ships, aircraft, tanks etc. Not all eras had only human infantry units, there were mounted units, siege units even dog units. I don't see why the later eras cannot have robots/mechs as a part of their forces.

As for ugly, since we don't have anyone on the team that knows how to edit models for civ4 we are stuck with what custom contest is out there.

Honestly I actually could see robots completely replace human soldiers on the battlefield. When they become commonplace and with cultural attitudes as they are, if a government had the option to reduce human casualties on their side in a war to zero, or choose to use human soldiers and have casualties, I think the mechanized military would win every time.

Robots and mechs would be a part of it just like there would be ships, aircraft, tanks etc. Not all eras had only human infantry units, there were mounted units, siege units even dog units. I don't see why the later eras cannot have robots/mechs as a part of their forces.

As for ugly, since we don't have anyone on the team that knows how to edit models for civ4 we are stuck with what custom contest is out there.

i am not saying to not have robots but still the main force should be infantry
Sword_Of_Geddon yea and to reduse further the casualties nations instead of going to war they would solve their:D differences in poker
that will never happen untill there are limitiless resource and cheap

I can see human-sized robots replacing mainline infantry to some, but not a full, extent (the pitfalls of a full extent are adequately demonstrated by a viewing of The Phantom Menace). I can certainly believe the idea of a majority-robotic airforce, though not the idea of placing the nuclear arsenal under an AI. So I'd like to see infantry units of a somewhat Command and Conquer (for Transhuman) or Mass Effect-esque scale (for Galactic) represented, perhaps with an added incentive to use them by making robotic armies possess weaknesses like reliance on central control units which can be sabotaged, hacked or destroyed or the possibility I outlined regarding a "Super Tech" for the Transhuman era of a new tech-triggered AI Revolution or "Skynet Scenario".

Out of interest, Mr. Hydromancerx, what is the difference between a "robot" and a "mech"? Is it one of size, or is it that the former has no physical human control and the latter is a large futuristic tank ala the giant AT-AT's the Empire used in The Empire Strikes Back?

I can see human-sized robots replacing mainline infantry to some, but not a full, extent (the pitfalls of a full extent are adequately demonstrated by a viewing of The Phantom Menace). I can certainly believe the idea of a majority-robotic airforce, though not the idea of placing the nuclear arsenal under an AI. So I'd like to see infantry units of a somewhat Command and Conquer (for Transhuman) or Mass Effect-esque scale (for Galactic) represented, perhaps with an added incentive to use them by making robotic armies possess weaknesses like reliance on central control units which can be sabotaged, hacked or destroyed or the possibility I outlined regarding a "Super Tech" for the Transhuman era of a new tech-triggered AI Revolution or "Skynet Scenario".

Out of interest, Mr. Hydromancerx, what is the difference between a "robot" and a "mech"? Is it one of size, or is it that the former has no physical human control and the latter is a large futuristic tank ala the giant AT-AT's the Empire used in The Empire Strikes Back?

A robot is a mechanical intelligent agent which can perform tasks on its own, or with guidance.
while mech
A mech (plural: mecha or mechs), is a science fiction term for a large piloted walking vehicle, including ones on treads and animal shapes.

changing the file gameoptions makes the choice future area visible at the start of the game.
I played yesterday a part of the transhuman area without problems.
I prefer to keep the choice transhuman as a base for next C2C games.
Intersting things : mech units , more doomsday units and a scientific victory.

Top Bottom