C2C - UEM - Ultimate-Earth-Map 100% MOD and SVN update compatible by Pit2015

Thunderbrd

C2C War Dog
I dont know, i only know less or no memory leaks with my options, you have to find out or use the in UEM set options for a more stable game. Can be one or more options that cause problems, revolutions in UEM works also better on eternity gamespeed, then the AI has more time to react and build units and buildings to counter revolutions. So eternity gamespeed for UEM recommended.

Also less options = less memory usage maybe.
Not necessarily. I don't think we have much of any outright memory leaks BUT some options (or lack thereof) may create some runaway unit generation scenarios that could be causing memory overloads.

Secher Nbiw

Chieftain
I dont know, i only know less or no memory leaks with my options, you have to find out or use the in UEM set options for a more stable game. Can be one or more options that cause problems, revolutions in UEM works also better on eternity gamespeed, then the AI has more time to react and build units and buildings to counter revolutions. So eternity gamespeed for UEM recommended.

Also less options = less memory usage maybe.

Is there a way for me to confirm whether there is a memory leak happening?

With my options above I got my first MAF late in the ancient era. This happened after scrolling the map a lot before seeing your first response, while I had Microsoft Edge open in the background, medium graphics and when I had just discovered the start of the Russian Far East (and a Mongolian city) with all of Africa, the whole rest of Eurasia and much of the Indian Ocean already discovered, and most of that visible due to good espionage. Given that, the MAF isn't all that surprising on my computer with UEM's size and there is a lot I can do to push farther.

It would be great if there is a way I can tell you exactly when and how MAFs start being caused by memory leaks rather than regular memory overloads. That clue might point to what kind of issue is causing the memory leak.

Thank you for telling me about revolutions working best with eternal gamespeed. It is good to hear revolutions works especially well with the gamespeed I use :)

Secher Nbiw

Chieftain
Not necessarily. I don't think we have much of any outright memory leaks BUT some options (or lack thereof) may create some runaway unit generation scenarios that could be causing memory overloads.

It strikes me that if runaway unit generation is a big cause of MAFs the RagingBarbarians option in particular could create much earlier MAFs, especially with of the size of UEM and in 41.2 where the barbarians tend to focus much more often (at least in my experience) on travelling to barbarian cities and defending them rather than on being aggressive. Less aggressive barbarians will get eliminated in battle a lot less and tend to build up to huge numbers in difficult to attack barbarian cities. BarbarianWorld would likely also make this effect of Raging Barbarians lead to MAFs somewhat sooner, but RagingBarbarians without BarbarianWorld would be much more likely to make MAFs appear in earlier eras than BarbarianWorld without RagingBarbarians.

Edited to correct a sentence about BarbarianWorld that wasn't very clear.

Last edited:

Pit2015

Emperor
Is there a way for me to confirm whether there is a memory leak happening?

With my options above I got my first MAF late in the ancient era. This happened after scrolling the map a lot before seeing your first response, while I had Microsoft Edge open in the background, medium graphics and when I had just discovered the start of the Russian Far East (and a Mongolian city) with all of Africa, the whole rest of Eurasia and much of the Indian Ocean already discovered, and most of that visible due to good espionage. Given that, the MAF isn't all that surprising on my computer with UEM's size and there is a lot I can do to push farther.

It would be great if there is a way I can tell you exactly when and how MAFs start being caused by memory leaks rather than regular memory overloads. That clue might point to what kind of issue is causing the memory leak.

Thank you for telling me about revolutions working best with eternal gamespeed. It is good to hear revolutions works especially well with the gamespeed I use :)

Map scrolling is causing MAF somehow sometimes if done to fast, it think has to do something if there are to many objects/animals/units on map/in viewport and game cant load them fast enouth, if you use the minimap to scroll it will not MAF also you can preload the map when loading a game by jumping to every continent one time with mini map, so mostly no scrolling MAF anymore. Then you see on minimap that all trees are preloaded. Scrolling slow with a half second pause on larger distances will also not MAF, also zoom out to much and then scroll large distances then it can cause CTD, speaks for to much to display in a to short time, also when zoomed in more and then scrolling mostly never a MAF = less objects to load fast into display screen. The mod coding needs to fix or improve that. Attacking babarians are cool and cause some trouble, but maybe these babarian citys should not be conquerable, only should be able to be destroyed/razed.

(You can scroll via minimap very fast when holding down left mouse button on minimap and scroll by moving the mouse without MAF, thats btw weird and interesting)

Last edited:

Thunderbrd

C2C War Dog
The mod coding needs to fix or improve that.
The crash/leak is in the exe and cannot be fixed. We've done what we can by limiting what renders on the screen until it's ON the screen which is what causes the delays you see, and when you zoom out and pan about, you're doing everything you can to counter what we've done to correct the problem.

Pit2015

Emperor
The crash/leak is in the exe and cannot be fixed. We've done what we can by limiting what renders on the screen until it's ON the screen which is what causes the delays you see, and when you zoom out and pan about, you're doing everything you can to counter what we've done to correct the problem.

Hmm maybe hidden problem, scrolling with minimap is not causing that. Minimap scrolling is also faster.

Thunderbrd

C2C War Dog
Hmm maybe hidden problem, scrolling with minimap is not causing that. Minimap scrolling is also faster.
Yes it would be hidden since we can't see the EXE coding. And yeah, I've always found you can avoid it by clicking on the minimap to go directly where you want it to be centered on and it's rare for that to cause a problem unless you're doing it a lot in rapid succession.

Slaughter

Initiate
Hi there, this map seems deeply interesting to me. I would like to ask some questions:

1. Will it have crashes due to memory issues or something? Say, in a i5-3210M with 8gb RAM and SSD running it.

2. Does it have civilizations in old world or both new and world world?

4. Is it compatible with the latest version on moddb?

Pit2015

Emperor
Hi there, this map seems deeply interesting to me. I would like to ask some questions:

1. Will it have crashes due to memory issues or something? Say, in a i5-3210M with 8gb RAM and SSD running it.

Hi,

no memory crashes for me and others that have over 6000 turns in game if you set up as i said on first posting and when you use the options i set in the scenario. Your specs are good. Scenario has civs in old and new world to simulate a modern world later in game. Best is to use the latest mod version with SVN but should work also with latest moddb version, but with SVN you can update and continue your game until a savegame breaking mod update will come out.

Slaughter

Initiate
Hi,

no memory crashes for me and others that have over 6000 turns in game if you set up as i said on first posting and when you use the options i set in the scenario. Your specs are good. Scenario has civs in old and new world to simulate a modern world later in game. Best is to use the latest mod version with SVN but should work also with latest moddb version, but with SVN you can update and continue your game until a savegame breaking mod update will come out.

Fantastic! I'm getting it, love me some big maps myself!

arihant

Warlord

1 unfortunatelly yes, dont believe pit, he never played his scenario behind middle ages, your game will crash every 1-2 turns in laters era (first crashes start around turn 3000-4000), no matter what options you start(better turn off barbarians and destroy as many civs as soon possible)
2 yes
4 yes
where is question 3? :)

raxo2222

Time Traveller
1 unfortunatelly yes, dont believe pit, he never played his scenario behind middle ages, your game will crash every 1-2 turns in laters era (first crashes start around turn 3000-4000), no matter what options you start(better turn off barbarians and destroy as many civs as soon possible)
Use viewports - for example you can pick entire height and half of map width

Pit2015

Emperor
2 yes
4 yes
where is question 3? :)

Look 500+ citys screenshot on first posting here, all civs still in game, depends on wich SVN game version and options you use and if you set up correctly as i told on first posting. If you use a bugged mod version you may get problems and have to wait for fixes. Also mod is improved more and more, alot gamed up to atomic age. You have to set up as i told on first posting and dont change options.

In my current long game i have 2000 turns and only 1.300 ram usage, if it crashes for you its caused by mod bugs, check your ram usage. Viewport setup is explained on first posting here.

Provide savegames where you get crashes here for the mod team, so they can look into the cause of the crashes.

Last edited:

Pit2015

Emperor
ULTIMATE-GALAXY - STELLARIS MOD UPDATE RELEASED:

HERE WE GO AGAIN - UPDATE: ULTIMATE-GALAXY - 4000 STAR SYSTEMS! WORKING LONG GAME ON MASSIVE SCALE! - IMPROVED AI + BUGFIXES + HARDER CHALLENGING DIFFICULTY + SAVEGAME COMPATIBLE UPDATES!
(Read the mod description: HOW TO INSTALL FOR A WORKING LONG GAME")
- Mod is UPDATED FOR 3.x.x now! Had not to much time to test all, let me know if you see bugs or problems, test it out! More savegame compatible updates and AI updates will come soon. Try to survive in the Ultimate-Galaxy!

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=874703641

-Pit

COLONIZE OR BE COLONIZED - UPDATE: ULTIMATE-GALAXY - 4000 STAR SYSTEMS! WORKING LONG GAME ON MASSIVE SCALE! - IMPROVED AI + BUGFIXES + HARDER CHALLENGING DIFFICULTY + SAVEGAME COMPATIBLE UPDATES! (Read the mod description: HOW TO INSTALL FOR A WORKING LONG GAME")
- Fixed a problem where some expanding empires begin to colonize planets to late, all empires will colonize faster now.
- Fixed a bug where T'Rogoron, Husnock, Sheliak and Tholian empires cant colonize! They expand correctly now!
Needs a new game start if you want the changes. Update is savegame compatible but you dont get the changes.
- All other AI empires expands even harder and faster now!
- Changed the mod description "new game setup" to "set habitable planets to +2" for a working long game, read mod description to set up correctly.
Should be good for a long game now. Check it out!

-Pit

HUNT THE HELIX - UPDATE: ULTIMATE-GALAXY - 4000 STAR SYSTEMS! WORKING LONG GAME ON MASSIVE SCALE! - IMPROVED AI + BUGFIXES + HARDER CHALLENGING DIFFICULTY + SAVEGAME COMPATIBLE UPDATES! (Read the mod description: HOW TO INSTALL FOR A WORKING LONG GAME")
- Made the Hirogen and Suliban to colonize a bit more via megastructures.
- Fixed a problem where some expanding empires cant colonize.
Check it out!

-Pit

GOOD MORNING HARDSTYLE WAR AND SCOUT UPDATE - UPDATE: ULTIMATE-GALAXY - 4000 STAR SYSTEMS! WORKING LONG GAME ON MASSIVE SCALE! - IMPROVED AI + BUGFIXES + HARDER CHALLENGING DIFFICULTY + SAVEGAME COMPATIBLE UPDATES! (Read the mod description: HOW TO INSTALL FOR A WORKING LONG GAME")
- The AI can conquer now entire empires in a war or large parts of it!
- Normal ships can explore star systems now, like in the so called reality! Makes the AI able to scout enemy star systems in war also and conquer more! To survey planets you still need a science ship.
- Alot more small fixes and improvements, as always savegame compatible.
The AI is hard now! Try to survive! Check it out!

-Pit

UFP AND FREEZE FIX - UPDATE: ULTIMATE-GALAXY - 4000 STAR SYSTEMS! WORKING LONG GAME ON MASSIVE SCALE! - IMPROVED AI + BUGFIXES + HARDER CHALLENGING DIFFICULTY + SAVEGAME COMPATIBLE UPDATES! (Read the mod description: HOW TO INSTALL FOR A WORKING LONG GAME")
- Made the UFP AI stronger, if you game another empire then the UFP. The UFP will be as strong as the other major empires now!
- Fixed the planet freeze bug.
The AI is hard now and can destroy you! Try to survive! Check it out!

-Pit

3.0.4 - UPDATE: ULTIMATE-GALAXY - 4000 STAR SYSTEMS! WORKING LONG GAME ON MASSIVE SCALE! - IMPROVED AI + BUGFIXES + HARDER CHALLENGING DIFFICULTY + SAVEGAME COMPATIBLE UPDATES! (Read the mod description: HOW TO INSTALL FOR A WORKING LONG GAME")
- Mod is Stellaris 3.0.4 and 3.0.3 compatible.

-Pit

HAZARI ON THE PROWL - UPDATE: ULTIMATE-GALAXY - 4000 STAR SYSTEMS! WORKING LONG GAME ON MASSIVE SCALE! - IMPROVED AI + BUGFIXES + HARDER CHALLENGING DIFFICULTY + SAVEGAME COMPATIBLE UPDATES! (Read the mod description: HOW TO INSTALL FOR A WORKING LONG GAME")
- Added Hazari species to the Ultimate-Galaxy map to match the latest main mod update. (You will get them in game only when you start a new game but you can continue your savegame also)

-Pit

ULTIMATE-GALAXY GRAPHIC AND AI AND PERFORMANCE AND MORE - UPDATE: ULTIMATE-GALAXY - 4000 STAR SYSTEMS! WORKING LONG GAME ON MASSIVE SCALE! - IMPROVED AI + BUGFIXES + HARDER CHALLENGING DIFFICULTY + SAVEGAME COMPATIBLE UPDATES! (Read the mod description: HOW TO INSTALL FOR A WORKING LONG GAME")
- Increased the map performance.
- +100 Star-Trek species are on the map now.
- Added a more dense star systems galaxy core to the map.
- Added some cool galaxy graphics improvements to the galaxy map.
- You can turn on hyperlane display now, so you can find the routes better and the natural mini wormholes lines (Far slow traveling over long distances) at the map edge, opens up the possibility for some far range invasions.
- Some AI updates to improve the AI further.

-Pit

ULTIMATE-GALAXY WORKING LONG GAME FINISH YOUR SAVEGAMES - UPDATE: ULTIMATE-GALAXY - 4000 STAR SYSTEMS! WORKING LONG GAME ON MASSIVE SCALE! - IMPROVED AI + BUGFIXES + HARDER CHALLENGING DIFFICULTY + SAVEGAME COMPATIBLE UPDATES! (Read the mod description: HOW TO INSTALL FOR A WORKING LONG GAME")
- This mod will be locked now on STNH 3.0.4 and Stellaris 3.0.4, so no game breaking updates will sneak in, this mod is now a working long game and you can finish your savegames or life or try to survive in the Ultimate-Galaxy. So make sure to download the needed ST: New Horizons 3.0.4 mod version and create a local mod with it on your hard drive, otherwise when the main mod will update it will break you savegame, look into the new "HOW TO INSTALL FOR A WORKING LONG GAME:" in the mod description.

-Pit

ULTIMATE-GALAXY WORKING LONG GAME FINISH YOUR SAVEGAMES AI UPDATE - UPDATE: ULTIMATE-GALAXY - 4000 STAR SYSTEMS! WORKING LONG GAME ON MASSIVE SCALE! - IMPROVED AI + BUGFIXES + HARDER CHALLENGING DIFFICULTY + SAVEGAME COMPATIBLE UPDATES! (Read the mod description: HOW TO INSTALL FOR A WORKING LONG GAME")
- Some AI updates to improve the AI further.

-Pit

Last edited:

Pit2015

Emperor
Hi Folks,

first how is the mod development going? Any good progress on AI and stability currently to start a new game or should i continue my long game on SVN 11238 ?

And:

What do you think, will china attack taiwan or not?

raxo2222

Time Traveller
Hi Folks,

first how is the mod development going? Any good progress on AI and stability currently to start a new game or should i continue my long game on SVN 11238 ?
Yeah, its much better now.
So update it :D

Pit2015

Emperor
Yeah, its much better now.
So update it :D

You drink to much as i know, so you have to come up with some more details why i should update, my long game still works good. :)

Pit2015

Emperor
Know what you can build:

Pit2015

Emperor
Tensions rising or just saber rattles?

Last edited:
Top Bottom