C2C - You Tube

I don't like them either. I prefer the text with screen shots any day.

I know you are being sarcastic, but the truth is watching people play video games is like watching other people golf or other people fish.

In any event, the matter is moot now as the internet connection I was using did something really stupid and started giving out 30 min leases, so the connection gets reset every 30 minutes making downloads impossible (especially as the speeds are at less than 3Mb/sec as well). That means my $50 stand alone box is now a doorstop.

I am an avid fan of AAR's (being a Paradox Interactive community member some of them are fantastic, like ThrashingMad's Polish game ones...) and Let's Plays.
Depends what mood I'm in, if I feel like reading, an AAR it is. If I feel like watching something, a Let's Play might fill the gap.

I am an avid fan of AAR's (being a Paradox Interactive community member some of them are fantastic, like ThrashingMad's Polish game ones...) and Let's Plays.
Depends what mood I'm in, if I feel like reading, an AAR it is. If I feel like watching something, a Let's Play might fill the gap.

What's an AAR?

Well from a modders stand point I find it helpful in improving things and finding bugs since typically they play differently than how I would play.

I was not being sarcastic, I was stating my preference for text over voice and stills over moving pictures when looking at the way people play c2c.

This I can understand. However, the sometimes over enthusiastic response to watching them as entertainment perplexes me.

I think many of them ARE entertaining. Poor Darrinus had a Goodie Hut get destroyed by a volcano one turn before he would have got it. That was very entertaining. I also like Quill's cometary not only for C2C "Let's Plays" but other games he plays. But then the most crazy "Let's Player" has to be Tobuscus. This are insane and funny (watched mostly Terraria videos).

I also have watched Let's Plays to see if I want to buy a game or not. Which I think its a lot more helpful than any written game review.

shen does make Awesome let's plays indeed :)

I watched about an hour of that myself today. Quite entertaining. He has a very... quick to conquer style of play. Certainly was working for him. His commentary is great and he makes some interesting observations about things that irk me somewhat as well. ;)

I watched about an hour of that myself today. Quite entertaining. He has a very... quick to conquer style of play. Certainly was working for him. His commentary is great and he makes some interesting observations about things that irk me somewhat as well. ;)

I think that the AI tendancy to build way too many archers was fixed (he is using v25) on the SVN, so it'll be interesting to see how he does with V26. Also, what was with those Pack Llamas he was fighting, they seemed ridiculous.

Also, what was with those Pack Llamas he was fighting, they seemed ridiculous.
Its part of the overall imbalance of having too strong values on all recon. Soon, I'd like to see recon made quite weak but highly capable of retreat (since I'll be removing the restriction on giving withdraw promos to defensive only troops.)

Top Bottom