C3C Aerial Views

prosp3ct

Chieftain
Hey there ...

I've been looking on this board for other instances of issues that I've been having with Civ III Complete. The sound issues seem to have been addressed, and likely fixed in the (upcoming) patch -- that is, some unit sounds not working (I've noticed it for longbowmen in particular. no sounds at all) as well as some weird music issues (trading music keeps playing over normal mix, sometimes stops altogether -- but these you can 'fix' by just turning the music off and then back on again) and some random crashes.

My biggest peeve, especially when playing Cultural games, is that some graphics aren't displayed in the city aerial view! The biggest culprits seem to be all the Wonders added from the expansions. I get a splashscreen, but nothing when zoomed in. I think research labs are the only city improvement I've come across that does this same thing.

I find it odd that no one else has made ANY mention of these though. So is it just me? And does anyone have any idea on how I could fix these? I've looked through the art files .. looks like the graphics are all there.

Anyways, thanks in advance!

find it odd that no one else has made ANY mention of these though.
Welcome :wavey:

Speaking purely for myself, I never use that view so I can't tell you whether I get that problem. It's pure eye candy in a game that demands that you play "one more turn". No time for sightseeing :p

But then I never build culture either. In my games, shields are for units and their support infrastructure.

If you dig around a bit, especially in the main Civ3 General Discussion forum, you will find that the Aerial View has never had the Conquests expansion stuff. And it is not visiable at all unless you are playing the "epic" game.

Firaxis had to make a choice during development, between working on gameplay, or improving/adding the art. They chose gameplay (rightly, IMO).

Thanks for the welcome =) .. and the info.

Well .. gee .. I thought I did a search on the forums and didn't find anything, and sure enough ... a vote by people pissed off by the lack of city screen artwork!
(don't blame em)

Thanks guys! But that doesn't explain the research lab graphic. Not that it matters much if all that other stuff doesn't work. Hey wait a minute ... the Internet has an Aerial View graphic? ahh well.

While I'm blabbing on about graphics: isn't the wonder splashscreen for the secret police HQ supposed to be like the one for the den of spies (or whatever) in the Sengoku scenario? I think it showed up as the Forbidden Palace picture when I built it ... one of those games.

Man .. I love playing culture games though. Taking over the world just gets so monotonous ;)

Top Bottom