C3C patch inquiry

So in order to play Civ-Content files I have to download a MOD? I don't know what TAM is. :confused:

TAM is 'The Ancient Mediterranean" mod, I believe. It's supposedly included in PtW Game Data/Ancient Mediterranean/, but it seems it's incomplete and/or out of date. It sounds from Padma's post as if this was the case in the PC version as well, and Aspyr have simply inherited that file set. In any case, you are best advised to download the latest version of any mod that's included on the DVD, as they are all fan-created, and all have been enhanced since being included in the original content.

The TAM Civ3 downloads are here

Ditto to AlanH's post. The TAM mod on the DVD played buggy and with the feeling of something missing/incomplete. With the update installed it has become my personal favorite. But no, you don't HAVE to install a mod to play the Civ Content files installed from the DVD.

AlanH said:
The TAM Civ3 downloads are here

I may be missing it, but I can't locate zipped files of TAM. Are there any zipped for C3C mac?

You do ask awkward questions! I can't remember whether this one can be extracted using Stuffit Expander. Downloading it now to check.

I couldn't extract it, but I can use an external HD and transfer it to my mac, after extracting it on my laptop.

Oh! So it was a trick question :p

PS. Thamis a very friendly guy, and would probably produce a zipped copy if you ask nicely. Try posting a request in his TAM forum.

At Aspyr. I'm sure they are looking after it for us.

Looks like we know more than Aspyr's support team does...I asked them about the sound problem before I came to CivFanatics and finally I got their reply.

Hello, -----.

Civ 3 shouldn't have any problems running on your machine; your issue may be due to a bad installation or corrupt data.

Try running the Repair Disk Permissions function of the Disk Utility located in Applications/Utilities. Also, avoid installing the game to Applications or the Desktop; there are permissions conflicts that can arise when games are installed here. Games work best when they are installed in a separate "Games" folder on the top/root level of your hard drive. (If you don't have one already, simply create one.)

If the game is not currently stored in one of the aforementioned locations then sometimes just moving the game is not enough and it is necessary to reinstall. Reinstalling also gets rid of any game data that may have become corrupt. Be sure to trash the game's preferences files located in Home/Library/Preferences (check also Home/Library/Application Support and Home/Documents) when you do so. Then just trash the current copy of the game and install a new copy--once again, install it into a "Games" folder on your Hard Drive, not into Applications or Desktop.
Let us know if you have any further trouble.

Have a great day!

I told them I might try this (I did and still have the same problem) and that I heard of a patch in the works to fix it.

:lol: Your right, I got a reply back today, wow I think thats a record for them. heres the reply:

We are working on a patch for this game, but I haven't received a list of the issues that will be fixed with its release. We will try to address any existing issues that can possibly be fixed with this patch.

Jen

Rekondite said:
Looks like we know more than Aspyr's support team does...I asked them about the sound problem before I came to CivFanatics and finally I got their reply.

Hello, -----.

Civ 3 shouldn't have any problems running on your machine; your issue may be due to a bad installation or corrupt data.

Try running the Repair Disk Permissions function of the Disk Utility located in Applications/Utilities. Also, avoid installing the game to Applications or the Desktop; there are permissions conflicts that can arise when games are installed here. Games work best when they are installed in a separate "Games" folder on the top/root level of your hard drive. (If you don't have one already, simply create one.)

If the game is not currently stored in one of the aforementioned locations then sometimes just moving the game is not enough and it is necessary to reinstall. Reinstalling also gets rid of any game data that may have become corrupt. Be sure to trash the game's preferences files located in Home/Library/Preferences (check also Home/Library/Application Support and Home/Documents) when you do so. Then just trash the current copy of the game and install a new copy--once again, install it into a "Games" folder on your Hard Drive, not into Applications or Desktop.
Let us know if you have any further trouble.

Have a great day!

I told them I might try this (I did and still have the same problem) and that I heard of a patch in the works to fix it.

I'm glad you posted that. Perhaps my issues were caused by having he game in the Applications folder. I'm reinstalling now.:)

Edit: It worked! I can finally play my Civ-Content files after 7 months.

The Path I have, that has always worked for me: at the top level of the hd partition I have a folder called Civ333. within that is a path of \Civ III Complete\ all the subfolders the game installed plus the various mods I have installed. Civ333 also contains a path for my old Vanilla Civ, a \mod tools\ path with things like file valet, a path for the maps and graphics related to two mods I'm researching, a folder for holding Civ related zips I haven't opened yet, etc. All these things seem to live together just fine.

I find it *very* hard to believe that Civ3 Complete and its mods care what the name of its containing folder is.

Top Bottom