C3C PBEM: "Cid" - Spanish Reconquista scenario PBEM

LouLong

In love with Rei Ayanami
*** GAME ***

Welcome to this PBEM focusing on the Spanish Reconquista during the Middle Ages and called "Cid" after the name of this flamboyant figure of medieval Spain and whose name means the Chief in Arabic..

This PBEM uses the scenario "Spanish Reconquista"

You will need to download and install the scenario (including the main art files and the patch located here : http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=115216. At the moment only version 1.2 (main files + patch 1.2 + biq 1.2) is released. Nevertheless, I would like the would-be players of this PBEM to try that version first (and in Single Player) to give me feedback, suggestions BEFORE I release the version we will use for the PBEM !

This will be a both a test PBEM and an actual game.

So recruitment is on.

Players : 4

-
-
-
- Loulong

The 4 main civs are played by humans, the 4 others by the AI :

- Castilla-Leon : Ironduck
- Portugal :
- Aragon : Loulong
- Almohads :
- Almoravids : AI
- Navarra : AI
- pirates : AI
- Valencia : AI

Please send me a PM and your playing times (GMT + actual playing times)

SPECIAL RULES:
- 1st turn no fight
- no alliance or deal of any kind the first turn
- NO city Razing

And please remember to download, install, play the latest version (1.2) and give me feedback/suggestions about what you would like to see added (or removed) and changed in the next version we will use for this PBEM ! Please do it quickly so I can do the encessary modifications. The next version should then be released next week !

I just took a look, quite interesting! I tried as the decadent Almoravids, but it wasn't so fun because I couldn't move my troops first turn (they all had the movement turn used?!) so I couldn't go for cover or anything and then the Almorads just complete crushed me and there's hardly any army to fight back with.. that's a pretty hard start..

So I think I'd like to be Castilla (actually I was interested in Navarra but I see that's AI).

Also, how come the male leaders have female leaderheads?

Sorry I failed to inform you but I thought you would see it here anyway !

Glad to have you on baord gain ! :)

But Almoravids are not supposed to be playable by humans. They are an historical reality (more or less) to represent the taifas (various small Muslim States) and a shrinking buffer between Almohads and Christian who are also supposed to fight over the spoils.

About leaderheads, I actually replaced many since the version you are playing albeit I am nit sure whehter I use flags or other leaderheads instead.

If you do not have anyone else, I will try but may have a delay getting the game and trying it. If someone else picks it up it is fine.

Ill join as promissed, ill take on Portugal :).

I´ve been playing it a bit, it looks excellent, some notes though:
-Could you pls change the name of Portugal´s leader to Rei Afonso Henriques, whats that challons thing? ....
-Also rename the Portuguese Carrack to Nau, its the real name for the ship, thks.

I really like the scen, especially the Ransom unit part he he he

Sorry for the long delay. RL has kept me real busy for one week or so and I could not really update this thread nor advance on the modified scenario.

In addition I have received some interesting feedback on the scenario which I will take into account. So expect a delay of one more week at least.

Spartaca and Semental, it can only be one of you. Apparently Semental is ok but ready to give his place in case. Can you confirm that (or not) ?

@RickFGS : Henri de Châlons was actually Alfonso Henriques' father but I don't mind changing the name as Alfonso Henriques was the first actual Portuguese.
Carrack to Nau is no problem either.

The new version already has some more techs for the Muslims in the gunpowder age when Muslims grow strong again. Be careful with that.

Apart from Rick (Portugal) any civ perferences for the others ?
Aragon is more opened towards the sea while Castilla-Leon is more a land power. The Almohads are Muslim and start big (les in the PBEM biq !) but have a lot to conquer and then rebuild.

LouLong said:
@RickFGS : Henri de Châlons was actually Alfonso Henriques' father but I don't mind changing the name as Alfonso Henriques was the first actual Portuguese.
Carrack to Nau is no problem either.

Afonso Henriques pls ;) , Alfonso is spanish name he he Thks Loulong!

A bump !

I will "eventually" launch this one. But since the recruitment happened so long ago I "cleant" it. Please telle me if you are interested ... again...

Top Bottom