C3C PBEM : "Ilipa" - Rise of Rome scenario (level : newbies)

LouLong

In love with Rei Ayanami
*** GAME STARTED ***

"Ilipa", battle won by Scipion in Spain and that opens the road to Gades and the last Carthginian stroghold in Spain), will be the name of this new Rise of Rome scenario mostly aimed at newbees. Newbees means new to PBEMs (never played or one current PBEM), at least on CFC, not your experience as a player.

One experienced player could be a nice addition to help around though.

It is a balanced and fast PBEM (only 4 human players).

It is for Conquests, using the MP version of the Rise of Rome scenario and the patch 1.22.
So you need to have both Conquests and the patch 1.22 installed on your computer.

Civs will be attributed randomly normally but you can state your prefered civ and if they don't contredict you will probably get it.

- Rome : adyyc
- Macedonia : Qummik
- Carthage : RickFGS
- Persia : Kingstuart

Players : 8 (Celts, Goths, Scythes and Egypt will be played by AI)

1. RickFGS
2. adyyc
3. Qummik
4. Kingstuart
5. AI
6. AI
7. AI
8. AI

You want to be in ? You have further questions ? Post in this thread or send me a PM. If ready to join, send me a PM with your e-mail and your playing times (please use GMT) such as 12-14 GMT or 1 -4 GMT.

You can also check the sticky thread "newbee guide" where you can find tons of informations on how PBEM works, what you can do and what you should not do, etc... but if it is not clear enough, you can ask here and we will answer you (we are a community of friendly and helpful people, at least I hope !).

When the rooster is full, I will send to all of you a planning e-mail with play order, e-mails, etc...

Organization : the game will be called "Ilipa" to be recognizable and when you get the game, send a mail to inform the sender you got it (GPS = Got it, Played it, Sent it).

Special rules : no alliance or trade with the AI on the first tun. No military alliance (but trade is possible) from turn 2 to 10. Alliances are then allowed from turn 11 onwards.
No combat during the first turn.

LouLong said:
"Ilipa", ... mostly aimed at newbees... to PBEMs...
It is for Conquests, using the MP version of the Rise of Rome scenario and the patch 1.22.
I'm interested; you posted a special invitation to us Mac users. Some of the scenarios don't load and run properly at this point on Macs (we're awaiting a patch). Please point me toward where to download the scenario. If I can get it to run, I'm in. While I would prefer to play something like Persia or Carthage, I'll play anything.

I'm interested! Put me down as any Civ. Available 11pm-5am GMT (6pm-12am CST). Yeah....soo...put me down sir. :scan:

Blue Monkey said:
I'm interested; you posted a special invitation to us Mac users. Some of the scenarios don't load and run properly at this point on Macs (we're awaiting a patch). Please point me toward where to download the scenario. If I can get it to run, I'm in. While I would prefer to play something like Persia or Carthage, I'll play anything.

Eer... don't you have the Conquests scenarios in the complete Mac version ?

That could be a trouble, otherwise you are definitely in. Civs will be given along playing time and preferences so you definitely could have one of the two civs.

Yay! I'm excited! Looks like i'm finally going to get into an active PBME. I've been trying to start one for a while.

kingstuart said:
if you still need another let me know

king stu

Sure, you are in. I need your playing times. Your e-mail I have (it if is still the one at cox.net. Otherwise let me know.

Game full so when I have these infos, will arrange the order and send the planning e-mail.

RickFGS said:
Looks like i got late, i can play celts or sycthia though if 5 players wouldnt be problem.....

Thanks but this scenario is really best played at 4. On the other hand if you don't mind and in case problems appear between Mac and PC versions, I put you as first replacement, is that OK ?

Sorry for that BlueMoneky.

So we will restart from scratch (cleaner) with RickFGS instead. I will send a new mail to you guys soon.

Top Bottom