C3C PBEM: "Rocroy" - Great Armada scenario

LouLong

In love with Rei Ayanami
*** GAME STARTED ***

Welcome to Rocroy ! This battle in 1643 saw the first defeat of the Spanish tercios. Enghien had the good idea of bombarding them. This was the beginning of the end for the Spanish army. But during this scenario you can still prove tercios to be the strongest units ever.

The game is based on my Great Armada scenario which can be downloaded here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=104091

We will be playing version 2.2 "a".

There are 8 playable civs.

The players/civs/play order :

- Maghrib : Hasdrubal Barca
- France : Pinman
- Scotland : FuglCiv
- Spain : Semental
- England : Quarky
- Dutch : Greygamer
- League : Loulong
- Ireland : Knutis

SPECIAL RULES:
- no city razing or abandoning. Selling all improvements is authorized.
- 1st turn no fight
- First 5 turns no alliance with Scotland (Scotland can attack whoever it wants though).
- No ship bombardment of land improvements (roads, mines, and irrigation). Ships can of course still bombard each other as well as units and cities.

Very interested :)
Will download and see what's what.

I'm also very interested, but I can't make the scenario work. I get a Load Error; "File not found - art/units/bombard/CannonAttackExplosion.waw"
I've downloaded the TGA folder and the patch for it.
Could the fact that I'm using Civ3 complete for mac be a problem?

Edit: Problem fixed; by naming a random .waw file CannonAttackExplosion.waw.

I'm interested..not sure which nation though. I just would like clarification as to what we need to download so as to play?

Sully

Im also very interested.

If you'll have me i'll take England actually.

I downloaded it and it seems okay (i.e. it works) I have only used the 2.2a version (the first version) so far.
Now I'll have to read the whole scenario thread to get a feel for which civ might suit my style.

So long as you are willing to do what the real Dutch did (defenders, defenders, defenders, and some really annoying boats!) you should be fine.
That might suit me

This looks cool. I can take Maghrib form North Afrika. Whats the scenario to play? a, b or c?

If you let me join in, I would be interested playing as scotland, as it seems like the most noob-friendly country, without having a lead role in the scenario.

I can't tell if it is full (that would require counting and I do not do that...)

Seeing as I have a love-hate relationship with this game, sure I would love to play.

:lol: Semental, seems you need to go and see a shrink about it. A bit curious about what you mean though. Now you are experienced in that one, or aren't you ? ^^

Otherwise I am really happy to see so much interest and I hope you folks will like it.

I have no clue whether it works for Civ complete for Mac but it should.

Now I have to make a list of players. Please confirm ASAP whether you got it working or not. I also strongly advise you to play at least one game in Single Player mode as it is very different from the standard game and even different from many other scenarios. The importance of naval warfare for many civs being among these differences.

Just... we are 8 at the moment so we are already full. But it might be too much. It runs much more quickly with one player playing Spain+Ireland and another playing England +Dutch for instance.

If other people are interested I might set up another one in that case.

About the versions, I will go along the majority of votes. Versions a, b and c are actually described in the scenario thread and have different settings, mostly different alliances. So please state your preferences.

I love the game, I hate getting smacked around Europe.

It would be better as 2 games - less players per game. I am impressed with the turn out. It took quite a while to fill the FIW games, this was full before I saw the posting.

Is this the same version from before or have you updated it any?

i already have ir working, i like option a)

I have it working, I like option a, and after playing a couple single player games, ive changed my mind and now I don't mind what nation AI play as. They are all enjoyable for me.

I've just tried option a and it's working. I think maybe option c would be better though, as it keeps France and the League out of the Spain vs England - alliances, and therefore gives them a little more freedom in choosing their future friends and foes. If France or the League defeats the other they might end up as a wild card just like Scottland and make a more interesting game.

I would like to play as the Irish, but if you want to merge them with Spain I'll take France instead

Looks like we are heading towards two games, one with option a (the classic), one with option c if other people like that version. I don't mind playing in both...

Top Bottom