1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

C3C PBEM - WWII Europe - 'Berlin'

Discussion in 'Civ3 - PBEM Games' started by Luthor_Saxburg, Sep 25, 2006.

1. Luthor_Saxburg

Luthor_Saxburg Vassal of Civilization

*** GAME ENDED - ALLIED VICTORY OVER AXIS ***

SCENARIO
    WWII Europe scenario created by Paasky, which covers Europe, North Africa and a bit of USA.

Scenario link:
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=89440

PLAYERS
    1. Germany: Spartaca
    2. Soviet Union: Luthor
    3. Minor Allies (France): Sully
    4. Major Allies (England): Drendor
    5. Minor Axis (Italy): Botman
    8. Poland: Sully
    6. Neutrals (Sweden): AI
    7. Turkey: AI

GAME HOUSERULES
    - No battles on turn0 (none whatsoever).
    - Italian and Finish specific units should only be built in their own territory.
    - French and Greek specific units should only be built in their own territory.
    - French units called 'Maginot Garrisson' MUST go inside the Maginot line (Immobile Army units).
    - Axis and Soviet Union CANNOT change the Government to 'Democracy'.
    - Any other Government change is allowed.
    - Most techs can not be traded, but they can be stolen.
    - The Civ called 'Poland' can not sell it's own improvements.
    - Poland can not receive resources from the Allies until turn 3 (trade with AI is allowed).
    - Coastal cities must leave (at least) one empty tile next to it for possible desembarks.
    - Each airfield can not contain more than 4 planes.
    - No airfield can be built if there is another less than 5 tiles away.

2. Drendor

Drendor King

This will be fun! :)

The Italian tanks are way stronger than in the reality but I can live with that.

I have not examined the multiplayer biq but the axis seems overpowered in both the "AI as Germany biq" and the original biq.

3. Luthor_Saxburg

Proposed Rules of engagement:

- No battles on turn0 (none whatsoever).
    - Italian and Finish specific units should only be built in their own territory.
    - French and Greek specific units should only be built in their own territory.
    - French units called 'Maginot Garrisson' MUST go inside the Maginot line (Immobile Army units).
    - Axis and Soviet Union CANNOT change the Government to 'Democracy'.
    - Any other Government change is allowed.
    - Most techs can not be traded, but they can be stolen.
    - The Civ called 'Poland' can not sell it's own improvements.
    - Poland can not receive resources from the Allies until turn 3 (trade with AI is allowed).
    - Coastal cities must leave (at least) one empty tile next to it for possible desembarks.
    - Each airfield can not contain more than 4 planes.
    - No airfield can be built if there is another less than 5 tiles away.

4. Drendor

Drendor King

Regarding subs: Hmm yes. when I played as Germany against the computer I sank destroyers without problems but I could never sink a fully healed battleship without hurting it first. Maybe the speed of the sub VII should be lowered from 8 to 6, making the hit and run tactic less effective?
    Reducing their attack value 50% sounds a bit drastic, the subs should be lethal against lone battleships and cruisers. Is it possible for destroyers to cancel the "sneak attack" ability of the subs?

Maybe we could try and lower subs attack value with 33%?

I also think that the AA value on battleships and cruisers are somewhat high.
    The 400 shield(almost twice the cost of a BB) Fockewulff Condor got shot down ALOT in my game when attacking naval units wich it was historically designed for
    Loosing a 250 or 400 shield plane to remove 1-3 hp is not fair trade
    I think that the high AA on carriers is fine, it probably represents their own CAP.

Malta: nice but how many extra units are you garrison it with?

Armies: You can put two units in armies at the start? How about putting a maximum at 4 unit armies?

5. Spartaca

Spartaca King

The suggested changes seem reasonable. They all weaken Germany but I was thinking the scenario might be too heavily weighted in favour of the Germans. As I'm going to be the German player, the more challenging you make it, the better.

6. Luthor_Saxburg

Submarines
    Type VII U-Boot has an attack of 65. Even with half (33) is still a match for Battleships (defense 20)!
    In fact, the only units with higher attack than 33 are the Advanced Battleships and the Bismarck unit (not counting the Adv sub units). This is too strong for a unit that has stealth attack.

AA fire of ships
    I agree they are too high, I think it would be fair to reduce it.

Navy Balance
    I think England has a too weak navy. It only has 1 Battleship whilst the Germans have 3 (and far better). I propose to give (at least) 3 strong ships to England.

Malta
    I've placed the same units as in the Single Player: 16 units

Armies
    I think that they start already with 2. I'll try to limit the number to (maximum) 5 per Army.

7. Drendor

Drendor King

Subs: ok then

aa fire: good

navy balance: you could remove one german bb, they should only have two ships in the bismarck class. Give England a total of 3 bb instead of 1 and give them two more cruisers?

Malta: What kind of 16 units are there. Dont wanna make them too strong there.....

Army limits: yup

8. Luthor_Saxburg

Units in Malta:
    5 British Inf
    3 Gloster Gladiators
    2 Bristol Blenheim
    1 Mosquito
    2 DD
    1 Sub
    2 Flak

9. Spartaca

Spartaca King

Germany launches blitzkrieg against Western Europe!

Germany surprised Benelux and France with lightning tank attacks capturing all French cities in continental Europe. Each French city lost 2 infantry and a flak unit. Germany lost 1 Panzer II attacking each of these cities: Bruxelles, Dunquerque, Paris, Nantes, Lyon. Germany used troop transports to launch an artillery and Waffen unit attack against Marseilles capturing the port without losses. The maginot line was softened up with bombing by He-11's and a couple artillery barrages. Germany lost one infantry unit in the attack. About half the line was destroyed but many units still remain. They are completely cut off and their surrender is expected soon. The British forces in France suffered severe losses to tank attacks. Only one British infantry, a matilda wounded by artillery and a bunker remain.

Germany just needs a little living room.

GPS to Russia

10. Luthor_Saxburg

ALL???? :eek:

Congratulations, it was a suprise for me. :hatsoff:

Oh, boy... is this going to be another short PBEM?

11. botman

botman Prince

And here I was going to see if I could hand off the Allies and just play France. :)

12. Drendor

Drendor King

Who is playing their turn right now? Is it Russia or France?

Can someone send me the text i need for pediaicons as an ATTACHMENT?

I cant copy and paste your emails into the text folder.

13. Luthor_Saxburg

GPS.

The peacefull Russian Government asks the Finnish Military to withdraw all troops stationed illegally in Russian territory near Viipuri.

Spartaca, maybe you can send the pediaicons to Drendor? For some reason my .txt attachment files became text in the email...

14. Spartaca

Spartaca King

Germany still needs a little more "living room". Now that the battle for France is over, let the invasion of Britain begin. Better make sure your beaches and ports are well defended because I am coming to get you! Expect the unexpected.

I'll send the pediaicons file to Drendor.

15. botman

botman Prince

GPS, Week 34, 1939

In the following turns I'll post more detailed reports, but I don't have time right now (I have to get up for work in a couple of hours... :D).

France:
    - Bombed the road west of Tripoli.
    - Killed a German infantry unit in the Maginot Line. Shelled some tanks but caused minimal damage.

Allies:
    - Bombed the airfield on Sicily.
    - Skirmished with Italian troops between El Alamein and Tobruk.
    - Destroyed the road to Brest.
    - Paris was bombed, destroying some improvements.

16. Drendor

Drendor King

Any Italian losses or are they this weak at the start at the scenario?

One light tank in N Africa :eek:

Italy starts without any transports whatsoever?

Question: Can planes in airfields be bombarded by navy? Cause planes in city will be first priority when bombarding right?

17. Spartaca

Spartaca King

Navy bombardment of airfields will affect ground units stationed there. I don't think it has any affect on planes.

18. Drendor

Drendor King

gps--->Spartaca

Italian airforce bombed some tanks near Tobruk
    We also bombed french tank in the alps

Regia Marina shelled Patras and Patras area

Regia Marina destroyed coastal fortress in Malta.

We also disbanded three AA guns in Spain. I guess they were stuck since the civil war? Since we couldnt contact the AI the first turn I didnt ask Spain for ROP. The planes in Spain we could rebase however.....

EDIT: I didnt see the russian message when playing Finland. We will move our misplaced forces out of Russian territory next turn.

19. Spartaca

Spartaca King

GPS to Luthor

The battle for Britain has begun. Naval Bombardment destroys a plane in Dover and another in Portsmouth. Stuka bombers kill 4 infantry next to London and weaken a machine gunner in Dover. The Germans lose 2 stukas to flak over Dover. British machinegunner, 3 infantry and 2 flak were killed in Dover by Waffen amphibious assault. Germany lost 2 waffens but the city was taken. Panzer 2's landed and continued the attack against Portsmouth killing 2 infantry but losing 2 panzer 2s. The city held and the Germans are digging in. The Brits will notice a parachute force has also landed near London. The Germans used artillery and He-11 bombing runs to soften up the French Maginot line. The remaining French troops were destroyed buy Germany lost a Panzer 4, Panzer3 and Panzer 2 in the attacks. The germans also killed a French infantry man near Switzerland.

20. botman

botman Prince

Haha that answers the question I had been meaning to post. I was wondering which units had amphibious assult as I couldn't see reference to a marine unit. And here all my troops were spending a day at the beach! :p

Didn't realise planes had leathal ground bombardment either. This looks like good fun! ;)

Edit: Forgot to report I destroyed a plane on the ground in Brest with a destroyer.

Edit edit: Didn't realise how little I posted earlier. Let's see, fighting the Italians I destroyed 2 tanks and 1 or 2 infantry. My troops were backed up with naval bombardment. I lost two Matilda tanks.